Creating multiple sites on network with same membership integration

Why is it that when I create a new site on my multisite network the new sites do not contain the membership plugin data which I set up in the network admin? I want to create additional sites which also are part of the same membership network.

• Mason

Hiya,

Why is it that when I create a new site on my multisite network the new sites do not contain the membership plugin data which I set up in the network admin?

Are you wanting to setup individual membership sites - each with their own set of access rules and subscriptions?

I don't believe the membership plugin has any settings in the network admin area. What sort of network rules are you setting up?

Thanks!

• Mason

Hiya Dustin,

when visiting the directory listing site you would still remain logged in (or can login) to the membership network.

In this particular example you'll wan to make sure you assign the appropriate user role to the folks who sign up through membership. It's the directory_member role by default, but from within the directory plugin, you can define other roles to have the ability to create listings.

So in the membership plugin define a user role. Then on each site make sure that user role has the privileges necessary to do the items you'd like for them to do.

Thanks!

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem
    was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this
    thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not
    Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU
    DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of
    assistance in the future.

Thanks!