Creating thousands of blogs and users

Hello there!

I'm looking at creating thousands of sites each with a user. Now i see we can batch create, but what would be the best way for me to do this without having to manually create the users and blogs. I would also like to set them up with the same theme and generic content. The users will then go in and replace with their own content.

Is this the right plugin? Is there a combination of plugins I should use? Any tips would be of great help.

Best regards,

Paul

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @Paul,

A good addition to the plugin above would actually be New Blog Templates.

This plugin allows you to create template sites which will be used as templates available to select when you create a site. It allows you to copy theme, active plugins, settings, post, pages etc. Once you network activate it it will work with Blog & User Creator and will allow you to select template for each site, see screenshot.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Paul

Do I absolutely need to Network activate it? I just want to make sure that not all my clients will have access to this, but this would be a Super Admin plugin only?

This is pretty good. It allows me to create the new users and blogs a bit faster than manually. Is there any way of doing it A LOT faster? Like with a CSV file? I mean doing them in shots of 5 is not s bad, but when there may be over 100 or even 1000 it an be BORING!

That would actually be a pretty awesome option! :wink: :wink:

• Bojan Radonic

Hey @Paul,

Do I absolutely need to Network activate it? I just want to make sure that not all my clients will have access to this, but this would be a Super Admin plugin only?

Not sure which plugin you're referring to. Either way for Blog & User Creator there is an option in network admin in Settings -> Blog & User Creator to allow only super admin to use it.

For New Blog Templates, yes it has to be network activated and the options are only available on the network admin so you shouldn't have any problems with that either.
    The only concern regarding New Blog Templates is that it adds those templates and ability to select one on the front end when users are registering their blogs, if you're not going to have blog registration open on your multisite you'll have no issues with it, in case you will have front end blog registration I guess we could just hide it with custom CSS.

CSV files can be used to import users but not blogs so I don't think you can achieve this with that. Also for having more then 5 blogs to create at the same time that would be possible with custom modifications to the plugin but I don't believe this would be good for your server as there could be potential issues.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.