credit cards & automated subscriptions for "trial periods" add-0n

hi,
if using the "trial periods" add-0n ;

1 (a) - are credit cards accepted/verified for the "trial periods" ?
in other words, the only way the free trial period can begin is if the user enters their CC (Stripe/paypal) or payal etc. and only when card/cost is verified then they get access ?
In my mind this can act as prevention from users continuously creating free trials with numerous emails alone.
1 (b) - if i want the "trial period" with limited features/access; i can just attach this to an individual limited membership and use the "After this membership ends" feature to drop them into another membership with all access ?

2 (a) - now after the trial period ends they would automatically be billed without any further signup/steps on their part ?
2 (b) - and hence billing will only start from the end of the trial day/period ?

kind regards.

• Sajid

Hi @amused! Hope you are doing good today and thanks for your question :slight_smile:

1 (a) - are credit cards accepted/verified for the "trial periods" ?
    in other words, the only way the free trial period can begin is if the user enters their CC (Stripe/paypal) or payal etc. and only when card/cost is verified then they get access ?

No credit card or PayPal account is required for trial members. Members will get immediate access.

1 (b) - if i want the "trial period" with limited features/access; i can just attach this to an individual limited membership and use the "After this membership ends" feature to drop them into another membership with all access ?

I am afraid this feature will not work with "Trial Period". Its a feature request and can be entertained as an individual thread. Please start a new thread and post in "Features and Feedback" forum.

If we do not use Trial option at all then you can do it like this: Make a membership that's restricting content and make another membership that has full access. Then have the limited one fall to the full access one.

2 (a) - now after the trial period ends they would automatically be billed without any further signup/steps on their part ?

No! They will get notified when their trial period expires. Then they have to complete the transactions and make payments in order to continue the membership.

2 (b) - and hence billing will only start from the end of the trial day/period ?

Yes billing will start at the end of trial period.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid