Cron Tasks + Performance Test

Hello,
First, The Performance Test
I tested the Hummingbird Pro but it dosn't give me good load time. So I decide to replace with Swift Performance Lite. The result is better decreased by 5s.

but result still not good and CPU benchmarking in Swift said it is not good.

This is the result: https://gtmetrix.com/reports/testing-this.wpmudev.host/5UUL7XrF
Fully Loaded Time should be under 3s.

Seconed, How can I manage cron I prefer to disable Wordpress cron and enable in server level.

Third, any news about subdomains with WPMU

Best Regards

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Mohammed,

First, The Performance Test
    I tested the Hummingbird Pro but it dosn't give me good load time. So I decide to replace with Swift Performance Lite. The result is better decreased by 5s.

Are you referring only on the results here as these can be different based on the location the test is performed from?
    Is it ok if we enable Hummingbird and see the stats when the plugin is active and configured?

but result still not good and CPU benchmarking in Swift said it is not good.

Can you please elaborate this a bit more, I'm not familiar with this plugin and I'm not sure where this report can be seen to check it for further information?

Seconed, How can I manage cron I prefer to disable Wordpress cron and enable in server level.

Server is already configured in order to use real 5 minute cron job.

Third, any news about subdomains with WPMU

I'm afraid that there's no further information about the subdomain installations at the moment.

P.S. Please start your unrelated questions in separate tickets as this helps us keep better track of everything, and is especially helpful while working on beta reports.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Mohamed,

About Performance Test : I did it three time with same location all parameters are constant accept the caching plugin. Feel free to try by yourself.

I have disabled Swift plugin (this is plugins settings export file https://pastebin.com/fnwB6Xig if you wish to restore it) and after that, I have activated and configured Hummingbird.
    With Swift plugin the score I was getting with GTMetrix was 6.6 seconds:

And with Hummingbird, after waiting for minification to finish and CDN to grab the files the load time dropped down to 0.8 seconds:

So by the looks of it HB was not configured completely and now it's getting much better results.

About Cron,Do you mean you disable wordpress cron by default?

Yes, that is correct.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Mohamed,

There's not much here really, pretty much enabling all modules in Hummingbird and configuring Asset Optimization.
    Asset Optimization is the most tricky one as the setup will be specific to each installation depending on the theme and plugins used on site.
    Pretty much you would want to enable as many options in there as possible, without affecting your site functionality.
    Sometimes things can stop working if certain file doesn't work well when minimized or moved to footer so in that case you would want to disable that option(s) for that file.

Important thing to remember is that minification takes couple of minutes and server will get bit more load during that time, so before performing speed test give it about 10 minutes after you have made your changes so that the minification process can finish and the server is "cooled down" and run the test after that in order to get real results.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.