"Cross-domain autologin asynchronously" doesn't log me in "instantly"

I have the "Load Cross-domain autologin asynchronously" option enabled in my Domain Mapping settings.
It redirects me to the log in page and after a few seconds it refreshes and logs into the Dashboard.
I assumed with that option enabled, I should just be able to select the sub site from the drop down and instantly go to the dashboard, without seeing the login screen.
But it doesn't log me in instantly, it first takes me to the login page, waits for some time and redirects to the dashboard.
I have done a plugin/theme conflict test, disabled varnish and redis from my cloud server, but it didn't make a difference. The debug.log is added in the internal notes.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Scribblevision

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The behavior that you're seeing in fact... is the way it works. The issue here is the time it takes it to log you in.

The plugin doesn't "cheat the system" (e.g. by manipulating auth cookies directly) but does exactly what it says: "automatically cross-login" user. It does go through WP core login. However, in most cases this is quite fast procedure, often not noticeable at all. Sometimes though, it might be slower but that depends on the site complexity and performance.

The "option to load autologin "asynchronously"" refers to the way the cross-domain autologin scripts are being loaded. On some pages the way scripts are loaded makes a difference (e.g. due to some conflicts with other scripts) and the "cross login" works only "asynchronously" or only with that option disabled. The same is with the "redirect speed".

I checked your site tried that with both "asynchronous" option enabled and disabled and it seems that with it disabled the process is faster so if you can confirm that on your end, I'd recommend keeping it off.

If you have any additional questions, let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.