CSS changes to make Q&A plugin work

Hello,

This is what my site looks like with Q&A. The buttons are unresponsive and the general look and feel is awry. Please advise.

http://chefatlarge.in/questions

Stay well.
Sid

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Sid,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Looks like its your theme which has got an element with high zindex and causing the buttons to go in the background of some element.

What theme is this ? Can you please give me a link so that I can download and test the them on my lab site ?

Or perhaps, if you allow me, you can send your login credentials to my attention using the secure contact form and include a link to this thread in the email so that I can have a closer look.

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Sid,

I just checked your site and found that the content is being pushed in the background by the container.

I just added the below css to the Q&A setting and the links are now clickable.

div.container {clear : both !important}

You can now work on additional CSS :slight_smile:

Eg : for background color on single question I have added

#single-question-container {background : white !important}

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• sid_khullar
    • New Recruit

Thank you PC :slight_smile:
    Where have you added the white BG please? The BG isn't showing as white BTW. Once the BG issue is fixed, I think I can live the the full width Q&A and won't try and think of the sidebar. :slight_smile:

Stay well.
    Sid

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Sid,

I have added that in Q&A settings under Additional CSS.

I have just added it for a single question, so if you visit a single question page, you will see the white background.

i.e. : http://chefatlarge.in/questions/testing

If you want, you can add white background to questions list page as well.

Just add the below CSS :

div#question-list {background : white !important} to the Q&A settings page and you will see the questions page like the attached screenshot.

Once the BG issue is fixed, I think I can live the the full width Q&A and won't try and think of the sidebar. :slight_smile:

You can play with the plugin settings and have the sidebar appear as well if you fancy that. It will look good.

Cheers, PC

• sid_khullar
    • New Recruit

PC,

The plugin appears to be publishing itself / it's code in the footer div... which is why the surrounding color is dark grey as opposed to the normal white in the bg/bg2 div. Would you know if this is default behavior and/or if it can be made to appear in bg/bg2?

the plugin is currently disabled; please let me know if you would like it enabled.

thanks!
    sid

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Sid,

which is why the surrounding color is dark grey as opposed to the normal white in the bg/bg2 div. Would you know if this is default behavior and/or if it can be made to appear in bg/bg2?

Can you please test it on a different theme ? I doubt it's a theme issue as I have not seen it on my lab site with any other theme.

Can you please touch base with the theme developer and ask him about the same ?

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.