css minification disrupting woocommerce product display

Has anyone noticed that hummingbird's css minification will mess up the product spacing in the woocommerce menu? It creates emtpty gaps where products should appear and it doesn't get undone when you use the minification settings to put things back to original

• James Morris

Hello andrei,

I hope you are well today.

Given the nature of your post, this seems to be a support issue. I've moved this post over to a ticket and associated it with our Hummingbird project.

I see you already have Support Staff Login enabled. Thank you. I've logged in and taken a look at your setup to help identify what might be causing your problems.

What I'm seeing is you have the following optmization plugins installed and configured:
    Above The Fold Optimization
    Autoptimize
    Cloudflare
    Hummingbird
    WP Super Cache

Running multiple optmization plugins like this can be a bit tricky and is often problematic because Above The Fold Optimization, Autoptimize and Hummingbird all optmize the CSS on your site. Also, Hummingbird has Cloudflare connection built right into it, so the standalone Cloudflare plugin is also not needed. However, WP Super Cache is a very good plugin to use in conjunction with Hummingbird and we often recommend it to our members.

Digging in a little further, I'm seeing that you currently do not have the WooCommerce CSS files excluded from minification in Hummingbird. See screenshot: https://goo.gl/99nzIX

To ensure that this is indeed an issue with Hummingbird and not another plugin, would you please try clearing all caches (such as WP Fastest Cache and Cloudflare), then deactivate all other plugins that impact CSS on your site. Finally, try testing with the WooCommerce CSS minified. If the problem persists, please exclude those references from minification, save, then re-check your files to force a hard flush of the Hummingbird cache, then clear the caches in WP Fastest Cache and Cloudflare.

Please let us know if this leads to a solution for you.

Best regards,

James Morris

[STAFF NOTE]: See https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-product-display-errors for additional notes.

• James Morris

Hello andrei,

AH! Did you by chance make the changes to the theme CSS directly? If that's the case, then that's why your changes were lost when the theme updated.

Starting with WordPress 4.7, there's a great feature in the Theme Customizer... You can now add Additional CSS to your theme that is retained even after your theme has been updated.

See screenshot: https://goo.gl/hQ5fr1

So, since you've already identified the styles you need to modify to get things working the way you want, you can copy those over into the Additional CSS section and adjust them as needed and those changes won't disappear on your next theme update. :slight_smile:

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.