CSS: Staff Directory displaying a little funny

Good evening --
It appears I may have some wonky CSS in my display of our staff directory which is a plugin, but I can change the CSS rather easily.

https://cityofhanahan.com/staff-directory/

If you visit the above page and look about halfway down, you can see that their are gaps in the people that is displaying in their respective "Department".

I do use some float attributes in the CSS for displaying that, but cannot figure out why it's displaying that way or what is causing it.

Thx in advance!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello David,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked that page and it seems that the current layout is that there are rows (Visual Composer grid, it looks like that at least) that contain up to three staff members at once. Thanks to "floats" these rows should be "compressed" so the layout would be "fluid".

There are however parts where the row is actually stressed out to its full width (>1300 pixels) and part of it is just not visible. For example in "Parks & Recreation" settings according to the page source (and page inspection using browser's DOM inspector) next to Mr. Randy Moneymaker there should be two other staff members shown. They are actually there but they are hidden - are outside the wrapper element boundaries.

The question though is why that happens :slight_smile: I think you got Hummingbird plugin enabled on the site, is that right? Could you please go to the "Hummingbird -> Minification" page, note down or make a screenshot of its current settings (so you would be able to easily bring them back) and then temporarily disable it?

Once this is done, please make sure that all the caches on site (if there are any) are cleared out and also clean the browser cache. If the issue still happens, keep the Minification disabled please, temporarily disable cache on site and let me know and I'll then examine it again.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.