CSS Templates for Presenting Blog Posts on Front Page

Hello,

I am trying to build a custom theme for my business. I would like to create a presentation similar to this: http://www.golfwrx.com/

By the way, that site is using a wordpress theme (Newsmag). I'm looking to use Upfront because there's a lot more customization potential.

I would love to set up a front page similar to what you see on that site - where the featured images are presented in a grid with a photo and the post title. I took a look at gridster to accomplish this, but my understanding is that with gridster you have to select individual posts for the grid and that they are static (i.e. fresher posts don't automatically get added to the grid).

Each theme has its own preset CSS styles for post lists. Is there a library of CSS presets that we can access to "plug into" the post list styles? Do you have any recommendations on how I can achieve that 'look' with upfront?

Thanks for the help!

Ryan

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Ryan,

I'm looking to use Upfront because there's a lot more customization potential.

Yes, Upfront themes allows you to customize your site - but note that this is a new framework and it doesn't work like standard WordPress themes.
    Customisation is handled by the drag and drop elements - and you use CSS only when you want to change look of element and this can't be done with Upfront options.

I'm not familiar with gridster plugin, and I'm not sure it will work with Upfront - you should be aware of that.

Each theme has its own preset CSS styles for post lists. Is there a library of CSS presets that we can access to "plug into" the post list styles?

Upfront doesn't have the library of presets - every plugin has the draggable element post, where you can configure list to what element should it show and in what order. You can add own styles to those lists also, but this have to be written.

Kind regards,
    Kasia