CSS/Theme Changes for Courspress Pro to match design of CP Theme

Greetings!

My question is identical to one posted elsewhere and Tyler suggested I start a new thread. I am attempting to style my Theme (Genesis/Dynamik child) for Coursepress Pro’s design to be similar to the Coursepress theme. Tyler posted code that did not work on my Theme. I would appreciate any help that can be provided.

Best,

Sal

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @salvatore_familia, hope you’re doing well today! :slight_smile:

First off, could you try updating to the latest version of CoursePress Pro, just to see if that makes a difference here?

Genesis/Dynamik does some things differently in regards to the way that the pages are laid out, could you enable Support Access to your site, so that I can have a closer look at what you’ve got set up so far?

Please advise,

Michael

• salvatore_familia
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Michael,

I cannot enable Support Access even though I want to. I get the following message message displayed in my Admin panel:

“This site is not enabled for support. You may change which sites are enabled or upgrade to a higher membership level here »”

but when I click the link I see the following message:

“You have already enabled your domain limit. Change your membership level”

and there is only one website listed below “Your Sites” … the site I’m trying to get help with! There is also a link that says:

“Upgrade your membership now »”

And there is no other indication about what I can do. This is very confusing, frustrating and disappointing. I feel like I’m being strong-armed to upgrade. I don’t want to upgrade… I want to get the support I paid for. Please help.

Sal

• salvatore_familia
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

One more issue… my profile on the WPMU dashboard says that Auto-updates for this site is “Enabled” but I have no option to Update Coursepress Pro, only the ability to “Download update” which doesn’t seem very “Auto” to me. Please advise.

Thank you,

Sal

• salvatore_familia
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Michael,

I have now enabled support and updated Coursepress Pro to the latest version. There was no change to the formatting so my the issue that I posted above remains:

I am attempting to style my Theme (Genesis/Dynamik child) for Coursepress Pro’s design to be similar to the Coursepress theme. Tyler posted code that did not work on my Theme. I would appreciate any help that can be provided.

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Best,

Sal

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @salvatore_familia

You can’t make it exactly same as coursepress theme. You need to create custom template for course pages. You can get all the custom templates in our coursepress themes, such as content-course.php, single-course.php, single-instructor.php, single-unit.php etc. You need to use these files in your theme.

Once you put those files inside your current theme, course pages will use those templates. You also need to write css to match the design.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers

Ash

• salvatore_familia
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Ash,

Where in my theme directory should these files go? I tried copying them to the top level folder for my current child theme but nothing on the Coursepress pages has changed. Am I correct in assuming that even without any CSS modifications the pages should at least look different from my default theme? I am using the Genesis theme/Dynamik child theme.

Thank you for your help,

Sal

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @salvatore_familia

Yes, without css modification at least the pages should be seen as different.

Which files did you copy? Do you have any cache plugin? If yes, please delete cache.

If still doesn’t work, please send me your ftp details and site link.

To send me details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question

Subject: Attn-Ash

Details: Send all required details (admin info and/or ftp details) with a link of this thread, so that I can track.

Also post a note here once you send the info.

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers

Ash

• Jesse
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello, I have a similar question. I see above that you said

such as content-course.php, single-course.php, single-instructor.php, single-unit.php etc.

What are all the files from the CoursePress Theme that need to be copied into my current theme folder to accomplish having only the Pages unique to CoursePress receive the CoursePress theme layout?

Thank you

• Jesse
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I just tried doing the ones listed above and received this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function coursepress_post_nav() in /nas/wp/www/staging/procenter/wp-content/themes/shoestrap-3/single-course.php on line 16

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hey @jesse

Thanks for posting in this thread, however it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn’t confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn’t inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original poster.

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don’t miss any for you.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Thanks

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.