CSV Import - overwriting duplicate records

Will the CSV importer overwrite same SKU record so that we don't end up with duplicates? I think this is on the wishlist but unsure if it's complete yet.

Thanks in advance,

Callum.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Callum,

Thank you for the great question but it that is not yet a feature that I am aware of and indeed it has been suggested in the past if memory serves.

But of course one has to update to enjoy those features and our system indicates you are not updating your installation and with Market Press you are two full versions behind.

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• callummccormick
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Joe, thanks for the support.

I had no idea were were two versions behind already. I only installed this from a fresh download last month. Hey-ho. I'll go check.

HOWEVER, back to the same topic, I have another customer talking to me about a 2,000 item cart that she currently uses on another well known cart beginning with letter Z and she manages the whole thing off-line on a spreadsheet, making changes off-line and uploads it on a monthly basis. I have been converting her to MarketPress but if this functionality isn't in, I'll have to get my developer to strip out the old stuff on a match during a custom import. Well, actually - I'll probably leave her until you have this in already.

OK, well at least I understand and I look forward to the announcement that you have cracked this.

Good luck,

Callum.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Callum,

Thank you for the additional input which is greatly appreciated.

I have another customer talking to me about a 2,000 item cart that she currently uses on another well known cart beginning with letter Z and she manages the whole thing off-line on a spreadsheet, making changes off-line and uploads it on a monthly basis.

That is a really cool idea and I like it! I can really see this working to deal with managing the store for folks.

Hopefully this will make it into the developers vision as well.

Thanks again.

Sincerely, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.