CTA link in PopUp Pro open new tab or window

How can I make the Call To Action button in PopUp Pro open the link in a new tab or window?

• John
    • New Recruit

I don’t want to make all links on our pages open new tabs/windows. Just the CTA button on the popup. Since the popup goes to a newsletter subscription form that resides on another site, I don’t want them clicking on that and forcing them off our website. In the body of the PopUp I put a link to the same form and selected the “Open link in new window/tab” option. I realize that the user’s browser settings may override it, its just that the default behavior for the CTA button is to open link in same page and since it goes to another site, I don’t want to force them off our site (even though it eventually provides a link back to our website).

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, John!

I tried a few hacks with PopUp Pro, but I found the easiest way to do what you want is to add your own CTA button, via a shortcode manager. I used Max Buttons free and created a button that opened in a new tab, then dropped it into a PopUp and positioned it where I want.

If this isn’t ideal, we can definitely add a feature request for the dev!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.