Cubepoints 1-1?

Love the new cubepoints integration.

Is there any way to change the configuration of the $ value associated with cubepoints? Is it currently 1-1?

Unfortunately we have been giving the points away like candy and at a 1-1 ratio we will have some pretty rich members!

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

This kinda appears to be a CubePoints thing... the default appears to be that 1 point = $1 but I can't find anything within CubePoints that allows you to change that.

Looks like you'll need to request the CubePoints developer adds that!

MarketPress *could* probably interpret 1 point as $0.50 but that's unlikely to resolve it because CubePoints itself will still show 1 point = $1....

Phil

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hiya shaunmacrae,

The issue, as far as I saw, is that CubePoints are in whole values and not decimal amounts, so you can't have less than value of 1 (assuming 0 is no value).

We actually just had a member today requesting how to change the value of the points, only to come up with a solution later by charging a whole lot more for the products! So an otherwise cheap product might cost $5000 for instance.

Cheers,
    David

• brentjohner
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks David.

I think the best solution would be for marketpress to include a simple ratio config in the cubepoints gateway plugin. $1 = <text box> points.

If the cubepoint dev allowed for non-integer point settings it would help but I suspect folks will still want to configure the ratio in MP.

• truelux
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I am having an issue with this as well. Perhaps there should be an option on the product page allowing the creator to set the product for either CubePoints or $$$.

By doing so, some products will ONLY accept CubePoints while others will only accept $$$. That would prevent someone with 1,000 CubePoints of purchasing a TV :smiley:

• jessica88
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yes, this is definitely a big problem... How can the MarketPress developers have not thought about this? An easy solution is to just have a ration setting in MarketPress! So easy yet so effective!

I really find MarketPress to be missing a hell lot of functions. Many things I thought are really basic are not in MarketPress.

How can users submit comments/inquiries on a product?
    How can users rate a product?
    How can you do shipping charges?
    How can you list products in grid format? I know there are third party plugin, but it doesn't work.

For products with variants, as soon as the user adds one variant to the cart, it will show out of stock but actually there are stock for other variant options for that product.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi everyone,

Not totally sure this would work for you, but you could utilize the PayPal Top-up module in CubePoints. Basically, you could activate just the CubePoints gateway in MarketPress then rely on the PayPal Top-up module for users to purchase points as illustrated here:

Just one other possibility to consider.

-David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.