cubepoints and marketpress questions

1. Is it possible to set a cubepoint price for product but have standard currency shipping? It appears that you can not mix this. We would like to provide prizes for achievement but would like recipient to pay for shipping.

2. Within a multisite, can some stores use currency while other sites use cubepoints? It seems that based on the fact that each store sets their own currency that this is functional yet I am wondering how the global store functions within a mixed scenario.

• DavidM

Hi antKat,

1. Is it possible to set a cubepoint price for product but have standard currency shipping? It appears that you can not mix this. We would like to provide prizes for achievement but would like recipient to pay for shipping.

That would require a split-payment gateway, which isn't a simple task, I'm afraid. Basically, you'd have to alter the gateway to use CubePoints for the bulk of the purchase and, as an example, PayPal, for the shipping costs.

It's doable, but it's very specific, something you'd need to get custom developed. Or you could have a look at the simple functions used in the CubePoints gateway and figure a way to add those into the PayPal gateway.

2. Within a multisite, can some stores use currency while other sites use cubepoints? It seems that based on the fact that each store sets their own currency that this is functional yet I am wondering how the global store functions within a mixed scenario.

If you mean letting some stores use the CubePoints and some use, for instance, PayPal, yes, that should be entirely possible depending on your setup. The Global Cart and Chained Payment gateways currently only work with PayPal so the CubePoints gateway wouldn't work if you're using those.

If you're referring to the CubePoints Points currency itself, as opposed to, for instance, US Dollars, that shouldn't be an issue as well. Sub-sites should be able to safely setup their own currency.

Really the only concern I can foresee is when using the Global Cart, but as mentioned, that's only available with PayPal currently.

-David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.