Cubepoints BP Pack freezing admin

Cubepoints BP Pack freezing admin

• chuck_kanner
    • New Recruit

Sir, I wanted to add before you get thinking...this stems from an original support request to add the functions of the WPMUdev site. As far as the points, friendly neighbor, and the veteran thing. I briefly looked at the cube plugin and it doesn't seem to have the same functions. Can you advice me plz?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there!

Thank you for giving me the info, I will get back to you within 24hrs about the problem, once I've checked on my test install.

With regards to having the same functions as this site, I believe all that is custom coded by WPMUDEV themselves, I'll have a look if there's anything that mabye can be added to cubepoints, but I'm unsure, really you'll need something custom written.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

You're talking about using this plugin, correct?
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/cubepoints-buddypress-integration/

Do you already have the default cubepoints plugin installed/ Also, note that from the plugin's page it hasn't yet been updated to support the latest version of WordPress and BuddyPress. I know the developer is actively working on a pretty great update though and would expect it soon (within the next couple weeks).

And yes, our reputation system here is custom built :slight_smile:

Thanks!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi @chuck_kanner

It's freezing the admin for me aswell, like @Mason said it's currently supported with the latest version of buddypress.

A good alternative would be http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/punchtab/

Full of good options etc, quote from the above page

Key features for your readers:

Readers connect to your loyalty program with Facebook.
    Readers earn loyalty points or badges for daily visits.
    Readers earn loyalty points or badges for daily comments.
    Readers earn loyalty points or badges for Facebook likes.
    Readers earn loyalty points or badges for PlusOnes.
    Readers earn loyalty points or badges for Tweets.
    Readers compete to be at the top of your loyalty leaderboard.
    Readers redeem their points for quality gift cards and offers.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• chuck_kanner
    • New Recruit

Do you know if it can it be set to give and receive points from other members?

Jack, am I allowed to ask you to help me, and pay you? For specialty coding and setup. I'm really not here to learn wordpress. I want to get a site up and running and do that for a while:slight_smile:

Either way thank you very much for keeping tabs on me over the last few days and doing some work away from here to help me.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi Chuck,

I'm unsure, but I'll get it all set up within the next couple of hours and see what it can and can't do :slight_smile:

Sure, I'm available for hire starting from next Sunday/Monday, as I'm fully booked this week, if you want to email me
    jack(at)coding-monkey.com
    And we can discuss, what you want done, time frame and cost, if that's good for you?

No problem at all, always happy to help :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• chuck_kanner
    • New Recruit

Weeeeee. And I'm a one man army and no VC's. But I will pay what we agree when we agree. Thanks sir. May I know where you are? Ive loaded punchtabs and am going through it now. I assume you look at coding and know whether it can be customized. There must be a reputation system on our site. Positive and negative. And the reasons for points must be displayed as on wpmudev. If you could have a quick looksie at pollenater.com maybe you can see what you think.

Thanks for helping with the status plugin. Its the first thing people see and use.

Warmly,
    Chuck

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi again Chuck,

Yes I just saw that! $99 per month seems a lot and even then to make it what you really need/want it's $999 per month!!!

I personally believe Cubepoints with buddypress intergration is the way to go on this one.

I've taken a look at the website, I have a few suggestions etc which we can discuss over email :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.