MarketPress: Cubepoints to buy item – paypal for shipping?

Me again (sorry to ask so many questions! Trying to get them all out there before the long, long weekend).

I am trying to set up an online store that uses cubepoints as the currency for buying the actual items, but uses paypal for the actual shipping.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Kate

Again, welcome to our Community! We’re glad to have you as a member. And your questions are always welcomed here at WPMU DEV :smiley:

Currently MarketPress doesn’t support have CubePoints integrated. It is however a feature request that another user requested as well.

In order for you to use CubePoints as the currency and PayPal for the shipping you would have to use a split-payment gateway. However, the gateway needs to be custom developed in order for you to separate costs between points and actual money.

Here are some links related to CubePoints from our forum:

Q&A cubepoints integration mod

Classifieds Cubepoints Gateway

I can add your thread to the Feature Suggestions and Feedback Forum and I will also flag the Developer to let him know we have some more interest in integrating CubePoints.

Wish you all the best in setting up your site and have a great day!

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Kate

Since my last post to you, I wasn’t completely satisfied, thought I would dig a bit deeper. I then found this article:

MarketPress Gets New Payment Gateways, CubePoints Integration and More Checkout Features

So, after reading this article I decided to install the CubePoints Plugin and found that once you install this plugin, you will automatically have the option to integrate CubePoints with MarketPress.

CubePoints

(Please see my screenshot)

Not sure how it is set up from there, but this is definitely a step towards something positive for you. However, if I recall from your previous posts, you didn’t want to upgrade your WordPress, but the CubePoints plugin will only work with the latest version of the MarketPress plugin.

Let me know if you require any further support. I am so interested to see what you come up with, so please stay in touch and update me on your site development.

All the best!

Gina

• Kate McK
    • Flash Drive

Hi Gina,

Thanks so much for your response, I actually do have a version of Marketpress installed with Cubepoints, and apart from a little bug (which I have asked about seperately), the cubepoints is working fine with the version of wordpress I have,

But what you are saying is currently there is no split payment option on Marketpress?

Do you know if this is something that is likely to be added in the future?

For now I am going to great a work around for the final page which produces a manual HTML Paypal button so people can pay shippng that way, but it would be great if these were integrated.

It would also be great if you could have a $amount option and points option, so people without points can purchase etc..

Just some ideas, it’s a really great plugin though! Cheers

Kate

• adam007
    • The Incredible Code Injector

i’m looking for the same, but on my marketpress settings, there’s no cubepoints in payments option as on the above example. i only have paypal checkout option there and nothing else. any idea why is that?

thanks,

Adam

• adam007
    • The Incredible Code Injector

hi Aaron,

yes, i’m on multisite. i want to use cubepoints and marketpress on my main website only, so i’m not sure whether i should allow it for all blogs. should I? if so, how should i enable cubepoint gateway?

thanks,

Adam

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi Aaron,

Yes, this is confusing and I’m in a similar situation. I have MP enabled on a single site and CP sitewide. There doesn’t seem to be any place to enable a Gateway, either on an individual site nor in the network admin.

To solve this, I followed Aaron’s cryptic message to find the MarketPress settings in the Network admin, which apparently can only be done when MP is network-enabled. Once I had enabled it network wide, there was, in fact the setting that he spoke of. I enabled the Cubepoints gateway, then went to the site where I wanted to use it to verify it was there. I then went back to the network plugins and deactivated MP networkwide. This left MP enabled on the single site and the Cubepoints settings also remained available.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.