Cufon & IE9

Do you know of a fix for cufon to be seen in IE9? I have a site that does not appear correctly.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Sandlot,

Greetings and welcome to the forums

I have a site that does not appear correctly.

By that do you mean it does not render anything at all, not even text ?

If yes, then try the below

<!–[if gte IE 9]> <script type=”text/javascript”> Cufon.set(‘engine’, ‘canvas’); </script> <![endif]–>

Or you may force compatibility by putting this in the head

<meta content=”IE=8? http-equiv=”X-UA-Compatible” />

or update it to the latest here

Or if you are using custom fonts, generate a new latest here

I hope it helps

Cheers

PC

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Sandlot

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team and thank you for being a member of our community.

PC gave solid advice there. I have experienced problems with Cufon Fonts on IE9 myself before and after updating I got it sorted.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

All the best.

Gina

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Heya GWBB !,

Thanks for the compliments :slight_smile: I assure I would always be providing the same kinda support :slight_smile:

And you know what, I am just about to hit that milestone…. Hope to reach in the league of extraordinary gentlemen soon ! i.e. the Lifetime Members Club !

and as you are here, I am sure we would see some magic with Blue Balloons floating all around :slight_smile:

Cheers

PC

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hey PC,

I just came online at work (breaktime) and saw that you just hit the 1000 point mark. Congratulations!

You’ve been so hard at work this last month helping out so many members that a lifetime membership is sure to come your way within the next few seconds! :o)

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@sandlot

I assume you are suggesting to add it to the Header.php file.

Is that correct?

Just Edit theme-header.php by adding

<!--[if gte IE 9]> <script type="text/javascript"> Cufon.set('engine', 'canvas'); </script> <![endif]-->

after the below code

// adds support for cufon font replacement
    function cp_cufon_styles() {
    ?>

@pcwriter : Thanks for noticing that :slight_smile: and Its only you from whom I took the inspiration and found that yes, I can do this too !

Thanks for being there for us and sharing your valuable knowledge PCW !

lifetime membership is sure to come your way within the next few seconds!

Eagerly waiting for that sticky post on the forums :slight_smile:

Cheers

PC

• Sandlot
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

That worked! Thanks so much! Hey, might you know anything about MarketPress?

I upgraded to WordPress developer to hook up to the gateway for my store and am wondering if I have to continue to pay the 79.00 every 3 months to be able to continue to use it? I can not find any information regarding the continued use of it. Thanks so much!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@sandlot,

I am glad that my suggestion helped you in getting the cufon issue fixed :slight_smile:

I upgraded to WordPress developer to hook up to the gateway for my store and am wondering if I have to continue to pay the 79.00 every 3 months to be able to continue to use it?

I am not too sure regarding this issue, @joe might have some answers on it… To be true, I actually did not get the essence of this question :expressionless:

Please advise

Cheers

PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.