Curious about your thoughts on affiliate links

I'm just curious about what others think about this... but what do you think about inserting affiliate links into WordPress demos? I figure I could kill 2 birds with one stone by adding beautiful images from art in society6.com or creativemarket.com. Is that allowed or frowned upon? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Sinoun

• Michelle Shull

Hi there, Sinoun!

I think a lot of demos use affiliate links. As long as you disclose, I don't see anything wrong with it. Most folks understand that site owners have to monetize to stick around, as long as you're upfront about where you're inserting affiliate links, I don't think anyone can complain. I personally struggle with affiliate links on review sites, like if you review themes and your entire revenue stream comes from theme companies, for example, I'm going to have a hard time believing your reviews are unbiased.

As for using images from other sites, that's fine as long as you have the permissions/rights to do so. Creative Market graphic packs I've bought are okay to use for commercial use, not all packs they sell are, however. Do your homework on any image you want to use on your site to make sure you're able to do so. It's all fun and games until someone sues you for copyright infringement. :wink:

Take care!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.