Curious if and how to do something within a multisite.

I was reading the article at https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/ultimate-guide-multisite/.

I didn't see what I wanted to know and was hoping I could ask.

I'm in the process of setting up a WP Network (Multisite).

I saw, under Network Settings, there was the ability to set Max upload file size and Limit total size of files uploaded to MB.

I want to be able to set this (if possible) differently for each of the sites on my network. Is this possible and if so, how?

I also wanted to allow my Site Admin account (or other Admins) to not be limited by the Max upload file size or the Limit total size of files. Is this possible, and if so, how?

Do I need to use one of the plugins from WPMUDev.org, which will be fine. I'm just not sure what to do?

Please advise me on how to do this.

Thanks
Gary

• Rupok

Hi Gary, hope you had a wonderful day.

I want to be able to set this (if possible) differently for each of the sites on my network. Is this possible and if so, how?

You can set different site upload space for each site by going to "Network Dashboard > Sites > Edit > Settings [Tab]" and then scrolling down to bottom. There you will get option to change it. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

I also wanted to allow my Site Admin account (or other Admins) to not be limited by the Max upload file size or the Limit total size of files. Is this possible, and if so, how?

I'm afraid, site space doesn't depend on user role, rather it depends on site settings. So this is not possible out of the box.

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin

Hi garymgordon,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Would my use of any of your plugins, such as Pro Sites, etc. help with my management and control over things like this with Wordpress Multisites?

Pro sites offers Upload quotas module under Pro Sites > Modules, which just extends the available default WordPress upload settings as mentioned above, and allows you to limit the upload quota per each site level. Other that that, I'm afraid there isn't any out of the box settings available in the plugin.

Are there any plugins that I could add which might extend Wordpress MU so I could accomplish this?

I was able to find Upload quota per user plugin, but the current version is not tested with latest version of WordPress. I did give a quick install, and the plugin can remove restriction for users. But I'm not sure how the plugin works well with multisite, and would recommend you to test it fully, if you are considering it. Other than this, I'm afraid I couldn't find any such plugin which would fit your requirements.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/upload-quota-per-user/screenshots/

If you are considering it done custom developed, would recommend you to check out the Jobs & Pros section.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further help. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.