cURL error 6: name lookup timed out". Please try again.

Hi,

I installed the dashboard plugin but when I try to log in I get this error.

Your server had a problem connecting to WPMU DEV: "cURL error 6: name lookup timed out". Please try again.

If this problem continues, please contact your host with this error message and ask:

"Is php on my server properly configured to be able to contact https://premium.wpmudev.org/api/dashboard/v1/ with a POST HTTP request via fsockopen or CURL?"

I spoke to my hosts (siteground) and they said

I tested the curl command on the server, and I am currently getting following error:

Code:
curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'premium.wpmudev.org'

Such error appears when the remote host can not be resolved, and usually indicates temporary issues at the remote host. I also searched the web, and the same was advised there, so I recommend that you allow it some more time and test it again later to see whether the host can be resolved and the CURL request properly passed.

But time has passed and it's still not working. Please can you help?

PS When submitting this support question it wouldn't let me select theme/plugin & site not listed. It requires me to select a plugin without giving me a list of plugins to choose in the drop down.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Kevin,

Does the error still occurs? I'm asking because you marked this thread as resolved.

PS When submitting this support question it wouldn't let me select theme/plugin & site not listed. It requires me to select a plugin without giving me a list of plugins to choose in the drop down.

What browser are you using? I tested now in chrome form for asking question and I could select site and plugins without problem when I first selected "Plugins & Themes".

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kevin

No. I this is fixed. I think it was resolved by turning off caching in the siteground cpanel.

I am using Chrome and the problem was that the site this problem related to didn't exist in the drop down, because the site hadn't yet been registered (it was the registration process that wouldn't work)

So when I selected the combination of theme/plugin and site not listed it asked me to select which plugin/theme when I submitted the question. But there weren't any themes/plugins to select as the dropdown wasn't there.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.