Curl Error on WPMUDEV Dashboard login while it is enabled

Your server had a problem connecting to WPMU DEV: "cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 15001 milliseconds with 4332 bytes received". Please try again.
If this problem continues, please contact your host with this error message and ask:

"Is PHP on my server properly configured to be able to contact https://premium.wpmudev.org/api/dashboard/v1/ with a POST HTTP request via fsockopen or CURL?"

• viobru

Hi, Willy!

Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

First of all, could you please delete the my-php-info.php file that was uploaded to the root folder of your site during the chat? (Please note that the PHP info that it displays has been already checked and that this file must be deleted after checking it to prevent it to be publicly accessible).

I’ve tried to replicate the issue on my end and I wasn’t able to, but I confirm that my teammate Sohag has flagged it to our devs and they have checked it and confirmed that this seems to be related to network congestion/slowness in specific regions or ISPs and that this should be temporary, so issue might not be there already.

On the other hand, just to prevent this to be influenced by the max_execution_time set in your server (currently at 45), could you please increase it by adding this line below the .htaccess file of your site? (Please change 300 for the value you feel most comfortable, but try to set to a minimum of 120-150).
    php_value max_execution_time 300

If the rule within the .htaccess file is not taking effect, please create a php.ini file and add this line to it:
    max_execution_time = 300

You can find more detailed information about how to increase the memory limit in this article: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

Could you please check this and let us know if the issue is still there?

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Violeta

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.