Curl issue can't connect to wpmu

I am experiencing this curl problem with no solutions my curl is working as that we’ve done a test in different directories anndcurlnis working I was wondering if you’ve had others experiencing it – I am on webfaction …

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/after-update-to-46-keep-getting-curl-error-23/page/3/

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Seth,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the discussion that you linked to and there are some solutions proposed but I understand that none of them worked for you, is that right?

The cURL error 23 means that the cURL library was not able to write to a local file. This mean that it may simply be a matter of folder permissions. The “catch” though is that it may not necessarily be permissions of your WP installation folders but also a temporary path on the server.

That said, first I would check permissions of “wp-content” folder and folders inside (going recursively inside to the last level) to make sure that they allow writing. Suggested default permissions are 0755 so even though that could be later changed to be more strict (for security) I’d start with setting “wp-content” permissions recursively to that.

If that doesn’t help, make also sure that… you did not exceed storage quota (allowed disk space use) of your server. This is often overlooked and causes issues like that.

Next step, if that isn’t a case too, would be to get in touch with your host and ask them to check server logs as these may suggest were the main culprit is.

Best regards,

Adam

• Seth Gitner
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Ok thank you

I went over this a few times with my host and I resorted to manually doing a reinstall of my wordpress install files.

I think it had something to do with the particular wordpress version 4.6, from everything i read.

and now it works.

thanks for your response! makes wpmu worth the $$.

sg

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.