, Currently i have WP-MU site & installed 1.Domain Mapping

Hello ,

Currently i have WP-MU site & installed

1.Domain Mapping plugin
3.WHMCS
4.WHMCS Multisite Provisioning

I want to know for each domain Mapping i have to add CNAME or A entry by Manuel ? for each user's ?

Thanks

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @lysydog

I hope you are well today.

You would need to set up a A record for each domain that you have setup, so each user on by user basis would need to set that up, where do they get the domains from? You or a third party provider? Please advise :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• lysydog
    • New Recruit

Hello Jack ,

Thanks your respond , Yes now i understand and i have my own reseller Hosting account and now i know how to do the step ,

I have one more issue with "whmcs multisite provisioning" actually i have setup the it properly and when i make account though WHMCS its make account and send email with user name and password but the password is incorrect by default i have to run Change Password in WHMCS ( I mean http://i.imgur.com/SdtmXD9.png ) . do you have any idea ?

Thank you

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @lysydog

I hope you are well today :slight_smile:

Great! Glad that part is sorted out :slight_smile:

With regards to the WHMCS problem, Just to clarify so I don't give you bad advice, this is when a user signs up via the WHMCS account and they get the email with the password, that password is incorrect for logging into WordPress, correct?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @lysydog

I'm still here :slight_smile: Sorry for the delay, I did miss your previous response to this.

As this is the case, could you set a test plan that is quite cheap (are you using Paypal?) but if you could set a price at around £5 or $5 or other currency and then provide me with some links so i can test this live please?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @lysydog

Thank you for that :slight_smile:

I have just set a test site up and the password worked perfectly for me.

The password that is set on checkout, is the password for your website, then the password in the email is the password for the site set up by the customer which worked without a problem, can you confirm your still having this problem?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• lysydog
    • New Recruit

Hello ,

Huh ... Gotcha ... i was try with same account wth many service orders under one account on WHMCS. when i making many Oders in side of account the password it wrong . but when i order beining with WHMCS order the password it right . can you try add more order under your WHMCS account ? tel me password it correct ?

Thank you

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there!

Thank you for the additional information :slight_smile:

I have added a second site to my account, and you are correct, the email it sends, the password is wrong, but the password works from the previous email, that's as the user already exists.
    I'm going to flag the lead developer on this, as I've taken a look also at my test site and it exhibits the same behaviour.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Yes this is a known issue in the readme.txt

4. Each WHMCS service creates different random passwords so they will not match if a Client has more than one  service at the same Wordpress site.

This is because you can't read a Wordpress password to determine what it is. It's hashed. You don't want to overwrite it with the newest password because the older site will now use that password. don't have a good solution other than a note to the user.

• Fox Jones
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey guys,

I have this problem too, but as Arnold mentioned, this is a known issue with existing WordPress usernames only. New users/signup are fine, but if a user creates a second or third WordPress site from WHMCS, they'll get a new random password via email, but it won't overwrite their old WP password to be safe.

Arnold, is it possible to check and see if the username exists in WP, and if it does, just put "(existing password)" in the password field?

- fox

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.