"Custom Admin Bar" plugin causes "nonce" problem

After upgrading to the latest version I started getting the following:

"Are you sure you want to do this, please try again error" in admin area. Disabling this plugin removes the error.

I suspect something has been introduced in the latest version of this plugin.

P.S. there was no category for this plugin, so I chose "General".

Thanks.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

I moved it over to the category for you now. :slight_smile:

Can you give me some directions of how you're recreating this, perhaps a screenshot of the settings?

I just tested and it works perfectly fine on my multisite.

I also checked Ultimate Branding as this forms part of that plugin:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

And that also works.

Perhaps test for some conflicts:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

If you could please follow the flowchart.

Let me know what you see, and those screenshots. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• Sezen
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Basically I cannot save the Settings->General page with that plugin enabled. I get that error message. Everything is working if it is disabled.

I just tried Ultimate Branding plugin which does not have this issue, so I will switch to that plugin for now.

Thanks.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Sezen,

Thanks for posting back.

Glad to hear that you are able to get this working by switching to Ultimate Branding plugin.

Basically I cannot save the Settings->General page with that plugin enabled. I get that error message. Everything is working if it is disabled.

I tried that on my lab site on both single WordPress install and a multisite and can not replicate the issue. So there must be something on your site causing the issue.

If you can create a test site using the same plugins and can replicate this, we can do experiment and see what might be causing it.

If however you want to continue with Ultimate Branding (which gives you a lot of other options as well) that's cool too :slight_smile:

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.