"custom admin text" related problem

First of all: What the difference between the lite and regular version?

Here's the problem I am facing:
1. I have changed the word Worpdress to ABC and it works everywhere, including widgets on admin dashboard.
BUT
2. When I change another word, say PIG, which is the part of a plugin, into say CAR, it does not bring this change eveywhere in the dashboard. For example, in the current case, it does not change PIG inside a widget on admin dashboard into CAR.

What could be the reason and how do I resolve this?

• aristath

Hello again @aam,

First of all: What the difference between the lite and regular version?

If you go to the lite plugin's page and scroll down you'll see a comparison chart: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/site-wide-text-change-lite/

1. I have changed the word Worpdress to ABC and it works everywhere, including widgets on admin dashboard.

I would strongly advise against changing that particular word... It's also present on various URLs it you might have side-effects later on.

2. When I change another word, say PIG, which is the part of a plugin, into say CAR, it does not bring this change eveywhere in the dashboard. For example, in the current case, it does not change PIG inside a widget on admin dashboard into CAR.

If that word is called using a weird variable in your plugin it might not be getting translated...

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aam

@aristath

If you go to the lite plugin's page and scroll down you'll see a comparison chart: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/site-wide-text-change-lite/

I am surprised how I missed it. Thanks!

I would strongly advise against changing that particular word... It's also present on various URLs it you might have side-effects later on.

In one of the earlier threads relating to CustomAdminText, I had specifically asked if this would replace or change... your responses then seemed to suggest (or make me conclude) that replacing "Wordpress" was OK. Yes, I know it changes certain links especially in the contextual help tab. But if that is OK, do you still forsee any trouble?

If that word is called using a weird variable in your plugin it might not be getting translated...

Is there a way to get around this?
    If this might help you to help me: the word PIG in this admin dashboard widget is hyperlinked to a url.

• aristath

In one of the earlier threads relating to CustomAdminText, I had specifically asked if this would replace or change... your responses then seemed to suggest (or make me conclude) that replacing "Wordpress" was OK. Yes, I know it changes certain links especially in the contextual help tab. But if that is OK, do you still forsee any trouble?

On your previous post you were asking if the plugin changes the files (which it doesn't). The "WordPress" word however is a bit weird... That word is used on dashboard widgets in URLs for feeds for example and many, many other places!!!
    So there might be small issues with that. If you're ok with those then no problem!

If this might help you to help me: the word PIG in this admin dashboard widget is hyperlinked to a url.

What is the actual word "PIG"? Which plugin generates that?
    I'll try to replicate this on my own installation and see what happens.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.