Custom Adsense Plugin

I can't trust those adsense plugins from wordpress plugin directory, because I fear sneaky codes that may switch back and forth the adsense code to give the original creator the adsense impressions that I may not approve of. Therefore, can developers here thinking about developing an adsense plugin that will allow all members of WordPress 3.0's with multisite enabled using Buddypress to be able to activate adsense plugin on case by case -- with that I mean each user of a site can activate plugin or choose not to at their own discretion. The plugin should allow users to enter their adsense code or adsense ID.

Why? WordPress 3.0 stripped javascript code away, and additional tags plugin is too broad which may cause security issue. Just need a specific adsense plugin that will not cause security related problems. Thanks!

• drmike

I can't trust those adsense plugins from wordpress plugin directory, because I fear sneaky codes that may switch back and forth the adsense code to give the original creator the adsense impressions that I may not approve of.

Actually there was a big uproar over this with one of the plugin developers (or was it a theme developer. I forget.) who was leaving in their adsense code as a default in the plugin and Adsense made an example out of them. (I;d provide a link but google'ing for these keywords and all I get is splogs and folks whining on seo forums about how they make $300 a day.)

One of the pluses with open source is that the source code is provided in the plugin. Open it up in a text viewer like Notepad and scan through the code to see what's in there. Should be doing that on everything you install actually. WPMu itself got caught twice sending info back to the mothership, once with putting site information in the headers and with what gets reported during upgrade and version checking.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.