Custom blog setup page for new multisite users

Hey,

I want to have a custom setup page for my new blog users, with the most needed settings, so it is easy for them to setup their new blog, because a lot of them gets confused, and don't know how to set up their blog.

I have made a quick "mockup" of how it could look. Right now the user have to first go to "General settings" and if they want to import settings they are a different place.. There is also A LOT of settings my users don't need in "General".

It would be very easy if everything was at one place.

See attached image

• Ivan
    • HummingBird

Hi Mathias,

Hope you are well and thanks for the question!

To achieve this you can modify both your theme, and wp-signup.php, to show different options, style them and choose what to collect.

If you show what is your current page and how would you like to look, we might be able to help, however this might more appropriate for our Job Board.

Thanks,
    Ivan

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Mathias,

Hope you're doing well today!

Is it the registration page you want to be custom or the dashboard menu after they have already signed up and are logged into their site? :slight_smile:

Sounds like it might be the dashboard once they are logged in.

You can setup a lot more simple dashboard menu with our Easy Blogging plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/easy-blogging/

You can also re-brand your network dashboard with our Ultimate Branding plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

I think Easy Blogging will really help you here :slight_smile:

If it's the registration that you want to change then that is more difficult and you would be better off using a plugin such as Gravity Forms and their User Registration add-on to build your own registration form. The other option would be to hire a developer as Ivan mentioned above.

Hope this helps Mathias! Let us know if you need any further assistance here.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Mathias
      • The Bug Hunter

Hi,

It is not the registration, i have already that sat up with Gravity Forms, and it works very well. But when the user has created a blog, I want it to be very easy for them to set up the blog, with one page with all the most important settings. Right now i have it split up in 4-5 pages, and it is confusing for a lot of persons..
      I want things such as "Blog title", "Blog description", "Email" and "Category" to be on the same page, but cut off everything the user don't care about. Time settings, start of the week... And so on..

I wonder why you haven't even made a plugin for this, as I think a lot would appreciate it (and the users too).

Is there anything I can do?

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi Mathias!

As Tyler and Ivan both mentioned, changing the blog signup process or the user registration process is fairly complex, and involves a lot of different files. Your best bet here will be to hire a dev who can complete these customizations for you in a few hours. We can help with simple changes here on the forum, but we're not able to tackle complex coding projects.

Thanks, Mathias!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.