Custom Buddy press logins and conflicting plugins with cache

I am running "Buddy press" and "WP-mlm" plugin for a downline builder.. I installed a couple more plugins to customize the admin experience like "Ultimate Branding" and "Client panel".

any ways here is the problem. everything was working fine with Buddy Press and WP-mlml ... it had a login on the from of the site that did not look or work like Wordpress login.. then I installed the other two plugins and it change my login to the old WP login still .

So I uninstalled the two plugins and it is still acting like they are still installed..

How do I clear all the Cache or fully uninstall these plugins or what ever is making the site still work and login like the old wordpress? Not like the buddy press login.

thanks

Mark

• Ash

Hello @Netrockstar

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I think before uninstalling these two plugs, you have made any change for that login. Also note that, Ultimate Branding doesn't have any module that adds/removes login panel.

Do you have any caching plugin installed? Or do you have cache in your server? Who is your host?

Cheers
    Ash

• Netrockstar

So I have franted you access to the admin.. yes I am running Super Cache..

Yes when I installed WP CLIENT PANEL it was for a single client access and it does not work like buddy press.. so it went form installing from the front of the site like buddy press to login in to the back end like WP admin.

I un installed Client panel but it is still working like it is still installed.
    Not sure how to empty site cache on the server or thru admin so it would be nice if you could lend a helping hand.

also I noticed that the Google analytic plugin was not giving me a report on traffic?

thanks

• Netrockstar

I want front end login like it was before with buddy press like I mentioned three time above 8 hours ago thanks

Why do you think this is happening?
    And how can I fix this now! I have members that are not able to login. And they are sending me messages to support.

Before buddy press login was on the front page and when they sign then it would take them to the recruiting dashboard.

Now the login is in the back that looks like word press their passwords aren't working and it's not redirecting anywhere it's staying right there at that login page.

When a plug-in is Stowelde and uninstalled and file Zillah where would it leave remnants of a plug-in if it was on installed???

This is because the plug-in client panel. If the plug-in was still logged then it would take them to a client panel but I uninstalled the plug-in so now it's not working.

Because it still acts like some of the plug-in is installed.

thank you for quickly helping me fix his problem

• Ash

I want front end login like it was before with buddy press like I mentioned three time above 8 hours ago thanks

There is no default buddypress login page. Either you were using any plugin for that or your theme is providing that option.

Anyway, I can see you are using Blogs MU theme and it's a theme feature. So I have created another page and set the page for login. Please check and let me know.

Hope it helps Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Netrockstar

Ok so the custom login that I was using was built into the theme.. I see. so was the old deleted plugin still controlling the other login page? Looks like it is working now.

So this is the question now.

1) it says 'Join Now" above the login.. can that be changed to a site logo image of say something else??

2) I there is a large video right on the center of the front page.. after people signup and login that same video follows you to very single page. it there a way to make that video only show up on the front page and turn it off for all other pages OR have a different video there for different pages?

3) I would like to be able to set up a OTO upgrade from a free member to a $47 onetime payment member so they can get advanced training and access to my RTB ad exchange. I would try this but I'm afraid its going to mess up the site again.. Im using only your guy's plugins so I was hoping you would know how this was setup safely. Like setup one upgrade page and make it unlock a special sidebar widgets with more tabs and options.

4) right now for some reason the " Notifications" in the buddy press dashboard is broken and 1) the side bar moves right over the content, and there is no content .. it simple does not work at all. how can I fix this problem?

thank you very much for the help!

Mark
    858-735-1716

PS. the reason I was using this them is it was the openly one I could find that was mobile responsive that worked with all the other plugins and fetters I have on the site.

• Netrockstar

Beings The guy who created the mobile theme is an employee of wpmudev, could we pull him into the conversation and maybe someone that is working on the same time zone as me so I can finish this site up.. I'm suppose to be doing a traffic launch this week on Wednesday. And I really need to get these bugs and things fixed and working like by tomorrow... thank you for your help!

Greatfully

Mark

• Ash

Hello @Netrockstar

I hope you are well today.

1) it says 'Join Now" above the login.. can that be changed to a site logo image of say something else??

I can see you have already changed the title and slug. Please let me know if you need more help on this.

2) I there is a large video right on the center of the front page.. after people signup and login that same video follows you to very single page. it there a way to make that video only show up on the front page and turn it off for all other pages OR have a different video there for different pages?

Please check the video is hidden from all other pages, used code in functions.php:

add_action( 'wp_head', 'hide_video' );
    function hide_video() {
    	if( ! is_home() && ! is_front_page() ) {
    	?>
    	<style>
    	#header{display: none;}
    	</style>
    	<?php
    	}
    }

Please note that, this changes will be lost in next update. So it's worth to note down this changes somewhere and apply again after your updates.

3) I would like to be able to set up a OTO upgrade from a free member to a $47 onetime payment member so they can get advanced training and access to my RTB ad exchange. I would try this but I'm afraid its going to mess up the site again.. Im using only your guy's plugins so I was hoping you would know how this was setup safely. Like setup one upgrade page and make it unlock a special sidebar widgets with more tabs and options.

Are you using our membership plugin? I can see it installed though. We have tutorial series on membership:
    PDF: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Membership-Manual3450.pdf
    Video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV1BcivFAIdtF4p7CYVfMbVAJ4JQ1Rpe9

4) right now for some reason the " Notifications" in the buddy press dashboard is broken and 1) the side bar moves right over the content, and there is no content .. it simple does not work at all. how can I fix this problem?

I can see the issue, I am marking this as a bug and letting the developer know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Netrockstar

I have an emergency on my hands.. I placed the code you gave me in the function.php at the bottom and the whole site went blank white..
    I have people calling me they can't use the site please reply

I hit the back button and I could still see the last page some I removed it and clicked save but the site was still blank white.
    Lost for what to do next.

Will you need a ftp: login to fix it from Filezilla?
    can you guys put it back form there?
    what was in the code that could blank out the site like that?

as soon as possible thank you very much

Mark

• Netrockstar

I dropped this in the wrong place earlier.. sorry please look over, thanks!

Ok so re Downloaded the function.php from your guys site and ftp it and it fixed the problems.. sheeeesh.. was worried there for a bit.

thanks anyways that is fixed!

So here are some more issues I having:

1) could you please add that code to the function.php file for me so I don't destroy the site please? thanks

2) I'm attaching a file of a image of things I would like to be able to do with this theme. Regarding backgrounds and text and video container optioned that are doing weird things when it changes from desktop to iPad to iPhone which responsiveness.

3) I did change the title that did change the words above the new login that you fixed. zI was still hoping I could put a logo image above it though, so is that something you can do?

4) As fare as the membership plugin goes I did watch the videos and I'm sure it is pretty easy to setup for i have used many membership plugins in the past. What I'm worried about is that Im using Buddy Press and WP MLM that is tracking my members downlines and leads and I was worried that this could mess with that some how. I really don't want it to mess with the front of the site registration at all so I don't lose cookie tracking but if I could offer a OTO UPGRADE button in the members area that is there right now with my buddy press and wp mlm setup and all the upgrade did would unlock content on 8 or 9 other pages of the site with advanced marketing tutorials and the Local ABC AD Exchange platform. Is there a way that this could be done and is it something you could do quick and easy if you know how the the plugin works..

Pages that will be in the Upgrade: ( these pages are already created)

1. Facebook Training
    2. Twitter Training
    3. Youtube Training
    4. Pinterest Training
    5. Craigslist Training
    6. Backpage Training
    7. Fiverr Training
    8. Local ABC Exchange

and the price is going to be $45 one time
    and that would be paid with Paypal to my
    business account ( netrockstar@icloud.com)

or

If it needs a PayPal buy link it is right here:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=UJ47N7WNL6GX2

and the upgrade page will be right here: goldrockstars.com/upgrade
    I will be putting all the pages in the members area side bar but I guess
    that if someone clicks on them it will take them to the upgrade page till
    they un lock the content? or will they NOT be in the widget sidebar in the members area but there will be a upgrade tab that once payed then the tabs will show up?? that would be nice if it could do that...

Thanks for all your help.

Mark

• Ash

1, 2, 3: Please send me your admin login and ftp login. To send me details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash
    Details: Send all required details (admin info and/or ftp details) with a link of this thread, so that I can track.
    Also post a note here once you send the info.

I will be happy to take a look

4) I am really not getting any idea how do you want it set up. What does it mean?

Pages that will be in the Upgrade:

You just need to create level and plan.
    Do you mean you will have only one plan and all of those pages will be restricted in that level?

Also, please note that, we process all the threads based on a queue. So every threads are answered. Sometimes, it might be little late when we have so much on our plate or in the weekend.

You also can hire a developer to assist quickly: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Cheers
    Ash

• Netrockstar

Ok my friend thanks for the reply..

Yes I thought you guys already had access to my dashboard?
    I'm just worried about putting that code in because it broke the site when I tried it.

Also the Members plugin I looked at all the videos and it looks simple enough but I was also worried that it would mess things up with my MLM downline builder and tracker.. I think it should work though

All I want is the registration to be just like it is and then when they get to the dashboard they will see a UPGRADE tab and when they click on it and Upgrade the Hidden content that cost $45 plus $7 a month will unlock the 8 pages of video training and the signup page for the Local ABC ad platform.

Seems pretty straight forward.. the plugins already installed and the pages and pay link is already there..

What can you do?

Thanks

mark

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Netrockstar, thanks for your patience here!

About the Membership plugin question, I think at this point it'd be best to take that to a different thread, as that's a separate question from what you had opened with.

We like to keep separate questions on separate threads, as bundling them together can make it really hard to sort through all that's going on.

About the theme modifications, I'm not seeing the login details my colleague @Ashok requested earlier, can you please send in:

- In the subject field add "Attn: Michael Bissett”
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (the support access is no longer granted, and sometimes it's better to log in this way)
    - Include FTP log-in details (so I can go in and make those code changes for you)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch!

Regards,
    Michael

• Netrockstar

I so sorry but I ams so damn confused on who to talk to about what and where. Im getting emails that say do one thing and then I do it then I get another email that sends me back to the old one.. with multiple links.. LOL so confused.. I would really like Michael to address the Membership plugin and WP MLM plugin problems and then have..

then have Ashok handle the Super Custom CSS plugin and Funtion.php / Stylesheet issue of the videos showing up every where and getting a CSS code that will allow me to solve these issue no matter how many updates I do..

can we do it this way?

thanks again for all your help.

Mark

• Ash

Hello @Netrockstar

I hope you are well today.

Maybe we had your login access but when an issue is resolved, we delete those from our system.

So, please send it again using the procedure I and Mike mentioned.

Also, make sure you took a backup of your files and database and let us know, we will work after that. It's just for safety, if we misunderstand your question and mess up, so that we can restore the backup.

Please let us know once you take a full backup.

Cheers
    Ash

• Netrockstar

Ok so I'm stoked that you just help me with the centering the video and the Custom CSS So i could change colors on front page. I added the image again once more so you can see the details of the sections I'm ting to get with the front page..

I would like to be able to separate the two sections of videos.. " One big video" and multiple testimonial video sections..

I would like to be able to change the separate sections by adding a color code or a textured image sample that would repeat vertical and horizontal by just adding a URL to the custom code or a color code for ether section.. for the front page..

Then I would like to be able to gang the background for the members area the same way that works separate from the front page. Here is a sample texture URL below here.. example:
    http://goldrockstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/gray-texture-background-for-testimonial-section-front-page.png

You also made the video disappear every where except the front page and that is exactly what I wanted to happen, but I would also like to have a custom CSS code that allows me to put a image or a colored background and a image in that same area in the members area for special anointments that I can change now and then.. but does not mess with the video section on the font home page.

thanks for your help getting this all setup.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Netrockstar,

I would like to be able to separate the two sections of videos.. " One big video" and multiple testimonial video sections..

I would like to be able to change the separate sections by adding a color code or a textured image sample that would repeat vertical and horizontal by just adding a URL to the custom code or a color code for ether section.. for the front page..

I see that you've already got some custom CSS code in there, you can modify that to set a custom background for each section.

Here's the code the for the big video section:

#top-content {
    background-color: #000000;
    background-image: none;
    }

And here's the code for the testimonials section:

#intro-content {
    background-color: #000000;
    background-image: none;
    }

As for the other CSS changes, I'm going to need to log in to your site to do that, could you re-grant Support Access to your site please?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Netrockstar

Hi and thanks for the reply and all your help my friend..
    I just set the access to 72 more hours..

So I see the codes but I don't really see a spot to drop that URL of the image I sent in the last message.. is there a way to have this outlined in the CSS area for which section affects which section? Like Font page and Members area.

1) so this would be the url of the image I would like to see as the background of the testimonial videos section:
    http://goldrockstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/gray-texture-background-for-testimonial-section-front-page.png

2) This is the image I would like to see in the members area in the same section where the large video on the front page was removed. So the large video on front page use to show up on all pages,, they put a code in the function.php to remove it from all other pages except front. now I would like to be able to put this image in the same place on all other pages except the front page,
    http://goldrockstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Members-area-large-video-area-image.png

3) also when a member logs in it dumps the members back to the front page and they get lost and don't know how to get to the members dashboard. I would like all members to be redirected straight to the: "members dashboard" at login. this would save a ton of confusion and knockout all the extra steps.

4) also I have a buddy press welcome email at registration and it talks them to the Wordpress login not the front page custom login.. I would like to get ride to the Wordpress login all together and hide it from everyone.. that way if anyone try's to go to http//Goldrockstars.com/wp-admin it will take them to the front login. and make the other invisible all together. Im trying to get rid of ALL WP branding and replace it with GRS or Gold Rockstars..

Dude if you can figure this out for me I would be so stoked and this would make things so much better,, I really appreciate your work and all the help fixing these issues. thanks!

Gratefully

Mark Sansom

• Netrockstar

I am starting to understand the bad press I read about support system with this company. At first I felt that your guy's support was awesome with quick response and a quick fix to my questions. But then it quickly was apparent that your left hand has no idea what your right hand is doing in the support.

At first I have a quick list of about four things that a good tech-support person could've tackled five minutes each.
    Think Michael B if he was the first one on the scene and did the whole list him self this all would have been complete and right the first 48 hours

1 I wanted to remove the main front page video from all the other pages

2. I wanted to change some color codes on the front page and be able to add a image in separate sections

3. The notification system in buddypress was broken Because of the new mobileTheme.

So support jumps in and fixes number 1 and video disappears from all other pages but the front page just like I wanted.

Then the left-hand sends a new guy to handle number 3. And the right-hand sends another guy to handle 2

So 3 guy comes up with a 30 second CSS code fix and fixes the problem.

Then the right-hand guy fixes the 3 problem by updating the theme and destroys one and two work and sets us right back to square one. Meanwhile it takes me 24 hours to get response every single time taking a whole week to get nowhere.

So then left hand guy comes back in and tells me to put a code in the function PHP file which breaks the whole site totally. Then I have to figure out by myself how to find a original function.php file to get my site back online.

Finally I get one guy to be able to get The front page video centered. But now it's back on all the other pages. ( Nice one )

The next guy comes in with two short codes to change the color backgrounds on the front page. But leaves out the image part that I had mentioned in the instructions pretty clearly.

So he asked me to send him more details with the images and I do. But then they pass it off to a new / old guy. Meanwhile four more days have gone by we've gotten nowhere and now you're saying I need somebody to do custom design for me?

One smart tech-support guy who knows what he's doing could answer all four of my questions. complete the code in less than 15 minutes. And could've had this all fixed in probably 24 hours or less. And I believe that guys name is Michael Bissett. To solve these problems please get all four of you together look at these simple things and have one guy fix it in 15 minutes please.

I know that's all it will take. It does not need a big script writer to put together 4 short codes that could solve these problems.

Thank you for understanding and your help. My time is running short and I needed this done a week ago. The only reason I joined the service was for the support.
    I own hundreds of plug-ins and hundreds of word press themes. That have more functionality are more flexible and can do these things except WP MLM and buddy press with mobile optimization is key here so I went with you guys because it seemed to be the support I needed. I'm paying the big monthly fees for the support. I know you guys can support this no problem. Please pull the information from these issues that have been spread out allover the place and pull them back into one simple tread and just have one capable guy put this back together for me please. I know all of you guys are Rockstars at this and could knock out the list in 30 minutes Thanks again

Gratefully

Mark Sansom

• Netrockstar

I just granted another 72 hours to the support access..

PS.. I really don't think the the function.php is the answer for the centered video because it will keep gouging bad every time there is a update there must be CSS code that can change this in the stylesheet?

PSS. if I ever need some really heavy custom coding in the future I will hire some one.. this is pretty light stuff here.

thanks

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Netrockstar,

1) so this would be the url of the image I would like to see as the background of the testimonial videos section:

2) This is the image I would like to see in the members area in the same section where the large video on the front page was removed. So the large video on front page use to show up on all pages,, they put a code in the function.php to remove it from all other pages except front. now I would like to be able to put this image in the same place on all other pages except the front page,
    http://goldrockstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Members-area-large-video-area-image.png

I had to make some adjustments to the HTML code that you had originally set up, but after doing so, I was able to get these two parts sorted out by using the following CSS code:

/* This is for the testimonials section on the home page */

#intro-content {
    	background: url('http://goldrockstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/gray-texture-background-for-testimonial-section-front-page.png') repeat;
    }

/* This is to ensure that the image we added doesn't show up on the home page */

.home #content-top-content center.grs-header-content-box .grs-image {
        display: none;
    }

/* This is for hiding the big video section on all of the other pages on the site */

#header-name-alt center.grs-header-content-box div.grs-video {
        display: none;
    }

/* This is to ensure that the image doesnt stretch outside of the container */

#header-name-alt center.grs-header-content-box div.grs-image img {
        max-width: 100%;
    }

You had wanted to change the background for the big video on the home page as well, do you have a color picked out, or a link to the image you want to use there?

3) also when a member logs in it dumps the members back to the front page and they get lost and don't know how to get to the members dashboard. I would like all members to be redirected straight to the: "members dashboard" at login. this would save a ton of confusion and knockout all the extra steps.

There's a way to handle this over on the BuddyPress forums:

http://buddypress.org/support/topic/redirect-user-to-a-custom-page-after-login-2/#post-178504

But, so we don't have another incident with the site going down, could you please send me the FTP login details to your site (along with a link to this thread) by using the contact form below?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

(In the subject field, add "Attn: Michael Bissett”)

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

4) also I have a buddy press welcome email at registration and it talks them to the Wordpress login not the front page custom login.. I would like to get ride to the Wordpress login all together and hide it from everyone.. that way if anyone try's to go to http//Goldrockstars.com/wp-admin it will take them to the front login. and make the other invisible all together. Im trying to get rid of ALL WP branding and replace it with GRS or Gold Rockstars..

One way we can handle this is by adapting the code from this answer over on Stack Overflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1976781/redirecting-wordpresss-login-register-page-to-a-custom-login-registration-page/1976932#1976932

But once again, I'd rather do this while having FTP access to your site, so we don't run into any further outages.

Regards,
    Michael

• Netrockstar

See now that's what I'm talking about Rockstar support !!! Nice work Bra!

Here is my ftp for the site:

[removed for members security]

1) So when I log out I notice it still leads me back to wordpress login.. I do have ultimate branding so I don't know if this is the answer or if there is another way to get ride of all WP ban dings and logins. but that is the goal.

2) So I noticed that the text above the large video on the front page was black on black background and white on all other pages.. can we get that White on the front page too so the words " Take a serious moment and ask yourself... What's in your financial future?" show up?

3) These last cosmetic things on the front page may be nit picking but would be awesome if it could be done if it was not to difficult. I will upload a image so you can see what I'm taking about but I will give a quick description here too..
    a) when you first load the front page you see the header "Gold Rockstars" at the top left, the padding at top thats blue is good but the padding below it in blues is thicker. I would like to see the padding the same top and bottom.
    b) At first page load the fold lands right in the middle of the large video, I was wondering if another thin section could be added there a between the gold section and the black section the would lock on to the fold line making the late video black area just below the fold.. then maybe I could add another image in that new fold section.. like this. http://goldrockstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Above-the-fold-font-page-image.png
    and the background could match the blue of i could just drop in a color code or something.. I think that would make the site look a lot cleaner than a video cut in half. and the background and the image I could change the color and the image in the future if I wanted.

There is just not a lot of flexibility with this theme but I'm stuck with it because it was the only thing I could fined that worked with buddy press, wp-mlm and was mobile optimized.

So the last question is how do we do this where it all sticks, so when the next update comes out for the theme it's not all lost again?

I really appreciate you making those last changes and fixing the site for me my friend I knew you where the guy that could make this happen.

Thank you very much

Gratefully

Mark

• Netrockstar

I also noticed that the image i gave you that you added in that one section on all the other paged had some white around the edges, so here is the image where the white has been cropped off. also I could not find this section in the CSS so I couldn't just do it myself.. Did i miss it or is it somewhere else? I really like the way you outlined everything So i could see what was what in the CSS.. thanks you for that.
    http://goldrockstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Members-area-large-video-area-image1.png

thanks again.

• Ash

Hello @Netrockstar

1) So when I log out I notice it still leads me back to wordpress login.. I do have ultimate branding so I don't know if this is the answer or if there is another way to get ride of all WP ban dings and logins. but that is the goal.

Try the following code:

function my_logout( $logout_url, $redirect ) {
        $new_logout_url = 'YOUR PREFERRED URL';
        return $new_logout_url;
    }
    add_filter( 'logout_url', 'my_logout', 10, 2 );

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

2) So I noticed that the text above the large video on the front page was black on black background and white on all other pages.. can we get that White on the front page too so the words " Take a serious moment and ask yourself... What's in your financial future?" show up?

a) when you first load the front page you see the header "Gold Rockstars" at the top left, the padding at top thats blue is good but the padding below it in blues is thicker. I would like to see the padding the same top and bottom.

Should be fixed from another thread.

For rest of the others, we need your ftp access. I can see you did not send FTP yet. Would you please send FTP access according to https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/custom-buddy-press-logins-and-conflicting-plugins-with-cache#post-739451 and let us know?

Cheers
    Ash