Custom code location for SimpleAds?

Right now my only two options are “before” and “after” content. I would love to be able to have a php snippet that was like <?php echo wpmu_simpleads(); ?> so that I could trigger the ad placement in custom locations throughout my templates. Is this possible or possible to add in a future (hopefully not too far off) release?

Thanks!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @rodeoramsey

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

I just realized that it will be a good feature to be able to insert ads between the posts. Let me move this to the features and feedback section and send a note to our lead developer for his thoughts to see if its possible.

He should be here sooner than later.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

• RodeoRamsey
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Wait, it doesn’t seem to be working as expected. If I put the code in my (let’s say) footer file, and have “after post” and “after page” checked, I see both ads: the “after” content ones and then the one in the footer. I want to only enable the custom output and disable the auto entered one. Maybe I’m not getting the right settings?

• RodeoRamsey
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Right now I’m accomplishing this by selecting both the before AND after code, adding my code to both fields, and then putting the custom code in my template file where I want it. Then, I look at the code for the posts/pages html output and “hide” the iframe content by setting a class in my stylesheet. For example, if my div surrounding the iframe is called CONTENT:

#content iframe {display: none; } /*Hides in-content ads until plugin patch is released*/

This is working for me, but I would ultimately like an option in the plugin itself to select “custom location only”. :slight_smile:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Thanks for posting back.

This is working for me, but I would ultimately like an option in the plugin itself to select “custom location only”. :slight_smile:

Currently that is not possible however if we get more votes on this, it might be added as a feature in future releases.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.