Custom CSS Background Image Issue

I've recently upgraded my non-WPMU theme "Enfold" and it's broken many CSS edits.

I'm trying to get the grey bar background image on this version http://bit.ly/12D6erM

To look like the original on this version : http://bit.ly/15G3nlJ

Tried altering every class I can think of via Chrome's dev tools, to avail.

Thoughts?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Michael,

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question, that is quite strange.

I've just taken a look and no live edits on the site that it works on, actually has any effect on that menu bar.

As it's a staging site on WPengine, are the css edits not within the theme options of that? Do you think it'd be possible to give me some access to the staging site as it works there?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Michael
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Sure. What email can I send the login info to?

It's a child theme, so the CSS edits are in a "style.css" file of the child site.

Glad it's not just me. I played with this for hours, and just kept hitting brick walls :\

• Michael

Fixed it! You can close this topic. For anyone else that might stumble on this thread, I added a z-index property set greater than 1 to this ID and CLASS. Weird part is, I would have bet thousands that I checked these before (I tried adding z-index properties to every ID and CLASS that seemed to make sense. Cheers!!

#header_main_alternate,
    .header_color .main_menu ul {
    z-index: 2;
    }

NOTE to SELF : Thanx Mike! You're welcome Mike. Way to go, I'd like to give you some WPMU experience points. Well you COULD, but we ARE the same person you know. Well, yeah, there's that </schizo-sarcasm>

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Michael,

Sorry for the delay here.

That's great news! Glad you managed to get that sorted, I may have just sent some points your way :wink:

On the media, your going to need this class

.avia_image  avia-builder-el-7  avia-builder-el-no-sibling avia-align-center {
    	}

Then use a media query for targeting a specific screen size http://css-tricks.com/css-media-queries/
    This will keep your images the size you want them :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Michael

Thanx Jack! Those were my very first "gifted" WPMU points :slight_smile: I appreciate that. Hoping to spend more time here in the near future, helping others, after work slows down.

Thanx also for the reply on the media issue too, solved that one yesterday as well though :stuck_out_tongue:

Just diving into this community, and I can already tell I'm going to be spending a LOT of time here. It feels like I'm no longer trudging away in the code trenches alone. And there's a lot of relief attached to that feeling.

Thanx again!!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.