custom css: Menu color

How/where do I change the navigation menu color? I can't find it anywhere. Also is this where i can change the padding/spacing on the top and bottom of the menu?

• FEECO Marketing Team

Hi masonjames,

Ok, I found most of the css in that file to edit. I am just having trouble with one last item, can you please help...In the submenu it is really skinny each items goes across 2 or 3 lines. What line of css do I need to edit to make each submenu item only show on one line...i have changed the width below to 225, but that is just the width of the submenu that gets bigger, the text of each item still wraps to two or three lines.

.nav ul li ul,#buttons-navigation ul li ul {
    	position:absolute;
    	display:none;
    	width:225px;
    	top:25px;
    	left:-15px;
    	padding: 0;
    	line-height: 18px;
    	background-color: #4f65a1;

One other question, the social icons next to the logo, where is it getting the black border when you hover over it. I changed my background to be white so it doesn't look good when you hover over them and they have that black border. Where in the code do I change this to be a different color.

Thanks,

• Mason

Hiya erikol,

Can I get a link to your site? It'll be easier for me to help if I can see the same thing you're seeing.

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to on the social icons. They have a slight shadow that is part of the image. Otherwise the only thing that changes during hover is the opacity of the other icons. It should work the same whether you have a dark or light background.

Thanks!

• Mason

Hiya. thanks for that.

The theme nav isn't meant to have 2 lines in that way. I'd recommend keeping everything in one line - it'll also keep things from being covered up by the dropdown menu. You'll need to either short then words in your link navs, remove one of the links, or make the spacing between them slightly less like so:
    #buttons-navigation ul li, .nav ul li { margin-left: 28px; }
    The above is 30px by default, so adjust it however ya like for spacing and browser compatibility.

It must have some code or something that adds the black shadow because I changed the last image and there is no shadow on it anywhere. thank you for taking a look :slight_smile:

That actually confirms my point. The shadow is actually part of the image. Swap them for icons without shadows and you won't see them anymore :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.