Custom dash widget hooks to Pro Sites / supporters?

Howdy!

I’m wondering if there’s a way to disable the custom dashboard widget for supporters. I’d like to use a custom dash widget essentially as nagware to get people to upgrade, but once they do, I want the nag to go away.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-aj

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi aj!

Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community and thank you for being a member. Hope you’re enjoying it so far.

With regards to custom hooks for the Custom Dashboard Widget. Allow me some time to follow up with the Developer on the best way to make this happen. I will revert back to you at the earliest with possible solutions and feedback.

In the meantime, if you require any further assistance with any other topic/ plugin, please don’t hesitate to be in touch.

Have a good day!

GinaB

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi aj

I hope this would be helpful, but we have the conditional statements that can be used for the Pro Sites/ Previously Supporter Plugin:

is_supporter()

or is_supporter($blog_id), where blog ID is the blog ID (integer)

And then this is also available:

is_supporter_user($user_id), where $user_id is the user ID (integer)

Don’t know if this would help in your case, but I thought I would give it a go. :slight_smile: If this is no good, I will get the Developer to drop in and give more expert advice.

Have a good day and talk soon!

GinaB

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi aj @theaj42

Hope you’re well. It’s been a while since we last heard from you. Did you get sorted? If so, I am glad.

If not, then please let us know if you need further support from our side.

Also, have a look at the excellent article by our member Erik who made a summary of shortcodes and functions for Pro Sites.

If your problem has been dealt with, please do let us know so we can resolve this thread.

Have a good day and look forward to your feedback.

GinaB

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings theaj42,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.