Custom Development with this plugin

Hi , I am working on a website having ‘coursepress plugin’ , I have some questions-

1) I need to add class in image –

$course_media = do_shortcode( ‘[course_media wrapper="figure" list_page="yes"]‘ );

which is coming from ‘class.shortcodes.php’ line – 1843 , I am afraid that if I will do updates in this class file then it may overwrite when updating plugin ? Then how can I do changes in this file , Is there there any hook to do so ?

2) I want to add ‘category name’ column name in courses listing – /wp-admin/admin.php?page=courses here .

3) I want to add a progressbar in front-end for a user to see that how much course he has completed , how I can add , also I need a progress for student in admin panel also

4) I have 4 course categories , How can I use diffrent templates for each cources (MOST IMPORTANT) ?

5) Which shoppingcart is better for premium courses – woocommerce / marketpress ?

6) I have 5 users who are enrolled in different courses and also completed some units , but ‘no students’ in students listing page of admin – /wp-admin/admin.php?page=students , why ?

7) Why I have different login for students ?

8) I want to set some courses as featured , How can I do ?

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hello again, Raitis!

Let’s try to tackle these one by one. Some of what you want will be custom work beyond what I’m able to do for you in a support forum, but I can help with some of this. : )

1) I need to add class in image –

$course_media = do_shortcode( ‘[course_media wrapper="figure" list_page="yes"]‘ );

which is coming from ‘class.shortcodes.php’ line – 1843 , I am afraid that if I will do updates in this class file then it may overwrite when updating plugin ? Then how can I do changes in this file , Is there there any hook to do so ?

There’s no hook for the image class, but with a URL, we can do this with some js. My colleague @ashok has a few ideas I just discussed with him.

2) I want to add ‘category name’ column name in courses listing – /wp-admin/admin.php?page=courses here .

3) I want to add a progressbar in front-end for a user to see that how much course he has completed , how I can add , also I need a progress for student in admin panel also

Both of these are going to be custom extensions that would take a little while to develop, and even longer to explain how to do. We’ve got a Jobs Board that could be a big help here.

4) I have 4 course categories , How can I use diffrent templates for each cources (MOST IMPORTANT) ?

This one we covered in your previous thread, your best bet is to enlist the CoursePress shortcodes to assemble your course pages, giving you greater control over which template can be used.

5) Which shoppingcart is better for premium courses – woocommerce / marketpress ?

We like MarketPress best around here. :slight_smile:

6) I have 5 users who are enrolled in different courses and also completed some units , but ‘no students’ in students listing page of admin – /wp-admin/admin.php?page=students , why ?

Are you using the most recently updated version of CoursePress? There was a similar bug in a previous version that was addressed very recently. Make sure you don’t need an update here.

7) Why I have different login for students ?

I’m not sure what you mean here, would you mind expanding a bit?

8) I want to set some courses as featured , How can I do ?

We’ve got you covered with a shortcode, here:

[course_featured]

Shows a featured course.

Required Attributes:

course_id – If no id is pecified then it will return empty text.

Optional Attributes:

featured_title – The title to display for the featured course. Default: Featured Course

button_title – Text to display on the call to action button. Default: Find out more.

media_type – Media type to use for featured course. See [course_media]. Default: default

media_priority – Media priority to use for featured course. See [course_media]. Default: video

class – Additional CSS classes for styling. Default: empty

Examples:

[course_featured course_id="42"]

[course_featured course_id="11" featured_title="The best we got!"]

Thanks!

• Raitis
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

#1 Please explain a bit more with solution . Your shortcodes are adding unwanted ‘DIV’ and classes over there , which I really do not want . So I will need to update in core class files , then How can I avoid to overwrite it by updates ? Can I put that class files in my theme folder ?

#2 I don’t think that it will be much tricky , I am wordpress developer , just give me hint for that

#4 Please explain how can I do that , also provide any link to help me

#8 I need a control in admin to select course as featured ,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.