Custom featured image element in Upfront post

Hi, I would like to create a custom placeholder for the featured image for my post template. I managed to create a new background-area and place the featured image inside that area. But I would like to make a smaller area and place it between the title and the content in the post.

Not just for one post but for all posts.

Is this possible?

• Denitsa

Hello Andreas,
    I hope you are having a fantastic day!

There is a featured image for posts in Upfront by default. If you Add a new post or edit an existing one in Upfront Editor, the screen should look like this, with the title above the featured image

When you edit a post here upon Updating you'll get a message "This Post has some Layout Changes. Would you like to apply those changes to All Posts or just This Post?" and you can choose to make your changes for All posts of this type.

With that said, do you still need a custom placeholder for your featured image? If yes, then in Upfront Builder, when editing your single post layout, you can simply drag an Image element from the left-hand side menu and add it on your page where you'd want that to appear.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

All the best,
    Denitsa