Custom field automatically pulling in a face plie like box

I am building a directory site (single site). Information is added to directory pages via the frontend using custom fields. My client would like directory pages to display a facbook facepile (like box) for each directory entry. In other words, on the directory page for a specific company, their facebook page like box is visible, and another facebook page like box is visible, for a second directory entry, etc

Is it possible to extend the Ultimate Facebook plugin to automatically pull in this information to a widget in much the same way the google map widget pulls in an address if it exists? Or is there another way to do this?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ebrown,

Is it possible to extend the Ultimate Facebook plugin to automatically pull in this information to a widget in much the same way the google map widget pulls in an address if it exists? Or is there another way to do this?

Not that I am aware of but I certainly do not know everything.

Therefore I am going to see if I can get the lead developer of the Directory plugin in here to see if perhaps he knows and this may need to go to the Ultimate Facebook developer but in that case I will have to change the plugin indicator of the ticket due to the Ultimate Facebook plugin is maintained by a different developer.

We shall see if the Directory developer has any input first.

Though this may take longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ebrown,

Thank you for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated and sorry for the confusion on my part.

I have gone ahead and changed the topic to Ultimate Facebook plugin, canceled the ping to the Directory plugin developer, and have pinged the Ultimate Facebook plugin lead developer for his invaluable insight and advice.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

There currently isn't a way to do it out of the box. However, depending on your directory plugin, you can try to use the Like Box directly, say as XFBML. By supplying the "href" parameter dynamically to individual boxes, you can get the effect you're after: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like-box/ Note that with Ultimate Facebook active on your site, you can just use XFBML tags without any other javascript inclusion (it's already there).

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ebrown,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.