Custom field with default editor

Hello, I would like to have the default wp editor on one of the custom fields. Currently I can have either a text box or text area. How can I add the wp wysiwyg editor instead of a text area.

Also, not needed for this project but will be in the future, how can I add an image upload field via custom press. I have used typed and ACF before but was hoping to keep everything within one plugin (custompress) to avoid development confusion.frustration..

Thanks, Vincent

• Vaughan

Hi vincent,

Hope you're well?

With regards to the tinymce editor, this i'm not sure about so I will ask one of our developers to see if it can be done with a simple solution, however, if it's going to be too complex to do than a few lines of code, the only thing I can do is add it to the features list for the developer to consider in a future update, though does sound like a good feature. I'd certainly add my +1 to it.

With regards to image uploads, whilst currently this is not possible and is not an easy task to do without a lot of work (one of the reasons it hasn't been done previously) You will be pleased to know this functionality is actually being worked on and will be added to a future release once it has been completed. I can't give an ETA on this at this moment in time though. Whilst this will not help you in the short term, it is definitely going to be included soon.

Hope this helps

• Hoang Ngo

Hi Vincent,

I hope you are well today.

Hello, I would like to have the default wp editor on one of the custom fields. Currently I can have either a text box or text area. How can I add the wp wysiwyg editor instead of a text area.

Currently, CustomPress doesn't support for WYSIWYG, but every field from CustomPress will has an ID attribute, so basically, you can include a 3rd party WYSIWYG javascript library, and using it with your Textarea.

For the upload field, please try the beta version of CustomPress :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.