Custom Fields

I have been working within the core of the Marketpress plugin (Bad idea I know) but I want to make sure this works. Basically I want to turn the shipping form into a form that includes a number of new fields. I have managed to add a 'test' custom field that is shown in the shipping form and also the details display in the 'managed orders' section.

The problem is this new field called 'test; will not show up in the confirmation email sent to me and the customer. Is there somewhere in the code I need to add these custom fields?

Also is there anyway at all I can either add html to this email. if not could I pass the 'order details' into something like gravity forms so I can make a much nicer email to send to people?

Thanks

Peter

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

Although you could do this by editing the files, the best approach IMO is to write a plugin. Aside from the obvious reasons, there's a new version of MP in the works (no...nobody knows when it's coming out).

If you're not up for the task, post a job here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

I also searched for prior posts here and found these that kind of echo what I said:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/custom-field-in-marketpress-shipping-page
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-add-custom-input-fields-to-checkout-page

Emails: Products/Store Settings/Messages

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Peter,

The problem is this new field called 'test; will not show up in the confirmation email sent to me and the customer. Is there somewhere in the code I need to add these custom fields?

Also is there anyway at all I can either add html to this email.

These both above would be done in the same place in my opinion coding in the html and the custom fields if you know how. Will it work, I do not know but it cannot hurt giving it a try but back up the original files before modifying so they are easy to change back if it does not work.

If you cannot find the actual file where the email information is located, please send me the content of one of those emails and I will find it.

Please advise.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Peter,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• olidax
    • Flash Drive

Our client wants to add "Company" and "Production Title" (2 custom fields) to the questionnaire for customers that submit orders online. Can this be done? Also, we want to include different fields in the ORDERINFO portion of the Order Confirmation Email that goes to the customer when they submit a new order. How do we do this? Where is the code that generates the ORDERINFO and selects the fields to use in the Email. Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.