Custom fields and custom press

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can add a custom field to a Contact Form 7 form? I need it to show a field that has a unique reference number that is input using custom press but I don't need it to be shown on the form that the user will complete, only show the data from the custom field when it has been submitted.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• domvitz
    • Flash Drive

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the into.

Basically, I am using custom press to load vehicle offers on to the website. Each vehicle has a unique reference number. I have created custom fields for make, model, term, mileage, price and reference no. There is a CF7 form on each page and if a viewer is interested in that vehicle they will complete the form. When the form comes through it only has the details they have input together with the url of the specific vehicle offer. I wanted to know if it was possible to have hidden fields in CF7 that will send through the information from the custom fields automatically so the user doesn't have to populate these fields. It would be great if the received form could show the exact vehicle instead of just the url as this would save me having to click the link in the received form and having to refer back to the website for the details.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @domvitz

If the contact form is on the same page/post as the custom field, I'm guessing that could likely be done with the get_post_meta function:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_post_meta

But I'm not quite sure how. :slight_smile:

So I've asked for a bit of help from other support team members. Let's see what they have to say.

I'll post again as soon as I hear back from the team, unless someone else jumps in here first. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.