custom fields for jobs & experts

I would like to customize the metas for jobs and experts. is there a way to customize the input field for each of them?

thanks + kind regards

sandra

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Sandra

This is not possible out of the box I am afraid. But it might be possible with custom code.

While I am not sure, I have sent your issue to our second level support team. Please note that, they deal with more complex issues, so there might be little delay. But if this requires too much custom code, then you may need to hire a developer to achieve this. We appreciate your patience on this.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Sandra ,

I’ll need more information to help you with this as the scope at the moment is quite broad let’s say.

First of all let me say that there’s no ‘built-in’ easy way of doing this so depending on what you’re trying to achieve exactly it will define what kind of help we could provide for this matter.

Please tell me:

a] Do you want custom fields for both Jobs and Experts as well?

b] Do you want them only for the back-end and for Administration purposes only, or in the front-end as well?

c] What would some types of those fields might be? I.e. only text fields, or more complex ones as well?

d] Would it be ok to simply “add extra” fields or you want by 100% to edit the existing ones as well?

The more information you’ll be able to provide the easier I can check out what’s possible and help you out.

Also as an extra note, both Jobs and Experts are Post Types, so any “built-in” WordPress Custom Field or via a plugin like Advanced Custom Fields etc could be added by you as well, but not on the same “metabox” as the existing ones and it will be a bit tricky to show them in the front-end.

I’ll be happy to assist you as much as possible, so be as much descriptive as possible!

Regards,

Konstantinos

• Sandra
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,

I’ll try…

I generated 2 custom post types. To each of them I added specific fields by using ACF.

Finally I generated 2 different forms by using buddy forms. I integrated the custom ACF fields into the forms. Now both – advertiser and user – are able to generate their own advertises oder search requests.

Hope it helps =)

Best wishes

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.