Custom fields in Membership2 registration

Hi,
How can I add custom fields to the Membership2 registration (without using Buddypress extended profiles)?

Thanks,

• Patrick

Hi there @Mike | BKSEO

I hope you're having a great day!

You cannot add more fields to the registration form directly in Membership2. But you can use any other plugin for your registration that allows for a customized form.

To allow for another plugin to handle the registration, you need to tell Membership2 that you're doing that though. :slight_smile:

Simply add the following to your current theme's functions.php file:
    add_filter('ms_frontend_handle_registration', '__return_false');

If you don't want to add anything to your theme, you could create a simple custom plugin that you could then activate/deactivate as you need:

<?php
    /**
    * Plugin Name: M2 - Custom registration form
    */
    add_filter('ms_frontend_handle_registration', '__return_false');
    ?>

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Sajid

Hi @Erik! Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Here are step by step guide to disable Membership 2 Pro registration form.

1. Download the attached plugin "m2-disable-reg-form.zip"
    2. Install and activate it.
    3. Install gravity form plugin.
    4. Install and configure gravity form registration add on.
    5. If you want to redirect members on a specific page (e.g. memberships page), after registration, then try below plugin.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/peters-login-redirect/

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Note:
    Please always start your own thread according to our forum posting rules. It sounds good at first but at the end it makes it complex for the members, and also for staff to manage the thread.

If you found any thread that is related to your question. Then start your own thread and include that related thread link in your post.

Take care and have a great weekend :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Michael Bourne

Since it's directly related, I'm asking here....

I have followed the steps outlined to deactivate the standard registration and instead use Contact Form 7. I have installed peters login redirect and set it to redirect to the memberships page after registration.

The problem is it does not seem to be redirecting. I know its not your plug in but you did recommend it, so maybe you could tell me another option.

Currently, if a guest views the membership page, clicks on a membership to buy, he is given my custom registration form. Great. Fill it in, submit, user registers. But the page doesnt redirect to a purchase page for the specific membership they were initially trying to buy.

Any tips?

• Sajid

Hi @Michael Bourne

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am not much familiar with contact form 7 user registration. How you created a registration form ? I mean can you post the link of blog post article here so I can understand what approach they are using for registration.

Also try adding below code in functions.php file of your child theme and let me know if that works for you or not.

function wpse_19692_registration_redirect() {
        return 'YOUR_PAGE_URL';
    }

add_filter( 'registration_redirect', 'wpse_19692_registration_redirect' );

Replace the text your page URL with the link of your membership page (including http://).

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.