Custom fields on a product

I have a need to add text inputs and other drop down on a product custom cards. I would want the customer to input what company name, and other contact details are to go on the product the are ordering.

Any thoughts anyone?

• Kimberly

leejacksondev,

Hi and Thanks for using WPMUdev forums!

For adding custom fields you can use our CustomPress Plugin

You create the fields you need, assign them to your post type then include the embed code in the template.php you are using (or you can create your own, checkout the Themeing_Marketpress.txt that is included with the plugin files)

Marketpress does include a "special instructions" field out of the box too. This would be alot simpler of a solution if you can use it. It's the last option on the Dashboard>Products>Store Settings>General tab

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything more!

Best,

Kimberly

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

• Kimberly

Lee,

We have lots of things in the works for Marketpress!

If you have a specific feature you'd like to see integrated please post in our Feature and Feedback forums and we can see how other members feel about it, if you can rally some support it will get pretty fast attention. :slight_smile:

I'm very sorry you couldn't use Marketpress, however I am glad you found a solution that works for you :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.