Custom fonts and custom padding do not work properly in image element

Hi again, we are building the site this weekend, so I'm afraid questions and problems arise. :slight_smile:

We use custom fonts, which are determined in the settings.php and in css rules in the theme settings. The fonts work nicely from the drop down in text box use. The problem is in the image caption the situation is different. All the fonts do show in the drop down, but the fonts either do not change at all or the changes don't stick when you move away from the image element (that is the font changes back to the default). How to fix this?

We have also tried to use a custom padding in the images but something goes wrong there too. The image and the element are not aligned in upfront and the image comes "over" the elements lines. Therefore it is hard to place the images in the region as wanted, since adjusting the element lines does not affect the image correctly. The code used there is:

.upfront-image {
padding-left: 8px !important;
padding-right: 8px !important;
padding-bottom: 8px !important;
padding-top: 8px !important;
}

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Laura,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I took a liberty of accessing your site's dashboard and trying to edit image captions and I can confirm the issue. I checked this on my own test setup as well and was able to replicate that behavior. Furthermore, it doesn't seem to be related to those custom fonts but rather to text formatting. I think this seems like a bug and therefore I'm forwarding this to developers.

Hopefully they'll be able to take a look and provide a fix as soon as possible, however please note that their response time may be a bit longer than mine here on forum as they deal with a lot of complex issues on daily basis.

As for padding issue. It seems that the paddings defined by you are properly applied to images and for me (on two different screens with different resolution and different browsers) it all looks fine but of course I might be missing something here. That said, could you please elaborate a bit on this? A screenshot showing that issue would be also of great help!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Laura Janger-Laitio

Thanks for your quick response Adam! Yes actually the padding problem was solved when I changed the browser from Safari to Chrome. And even with Safari the images were only looking funny in upfront. Actually, the whole upfront seems to be functioning much faster and better using chrome. I wonder why, but most important thing is that it works! Re the image caption text issue, it probably is an issue with the text formatting, since I now realised the colour was a bit tricky to change in one of the images after the font was changed to a custom one. But good to know that everything is basically ok, we'll be waiting for the bug fix then.

Best,

Lotta from Laura's team :slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Laura !

Thank you for you response. I'm glad that the padding issue turned out good. I can confirm that there may be some slight differences related to "users experience" in different browsers but our developers are working on this so hopefully at some point it will be all the same :slight_smile:

As for formatting issue. I reported this already to developers and hopefully they'll fix it soon. I'm not sure if they'll provide a "quick fix" for you here first or just will include it in future release so it would be great it you could keep an eye on this thread and also keep the theme updated "on the fly".

Best regards,
    Adam

• Laura Janger-Laitio

Oh no, now I see an upfront update, but it has not fixed the problem in image caption text processing. Can you please tell me where you are with this and is it major issue? As I said, we need to have the site up and running in two days and we are certainly using the image caption a lot. If it can't be fixed even temporarly, we need to photoshop every single image to have the right font there, so it would really be worth the membership fee to have this fixed. Thanks in advance!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Laura,

I hope you're having a nice day!

The latest release didn't indeed include a fix for this issue. I'm sorry for troubles that you're experiencing and for keeping you waiting. However, Upfront developers are working on a number of issues of various nature in order to make it better and this may last a while longer. I"m sure though that being marked as a bug it's been given a high priority.

Once I only get any word from our dev team, I'll update this thread with information for you!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.