Custom fundraiser template help

I would like to create a custom single fundraiser template, and more than likely also a checkout and confirmation template as well. I have read the fundrasing-templates.txt file and understand how to link the template(s), as well as the naming convention. What I haven't been able to find are any instructions or examples related to creating the actual template(s) itself/themselves. Ideally, I'm only wanting to make minor html changes to the template, and still be able to fully edit everything in the admin/fundraiser area, including style and panel position. Where do I find the information I'm looking for? Or, do I have to "merge" aspects of the template-functions.php file with my themes' single.php file? The answer will help me determine the direction I take, since I can always us a less desirable option of designing with shortcodes. Thank you for your help.

• Sajid

Hi Chadwick,
    Hope you are doing good today

If you are looking for predefined templates of the single or checkout pages then I am afraid we don't have those right now. You have to copy the code from template-functions.php file, add it in your new template and make the changes there.

Also, all functions in the template-functions.php are pluggable and you can easily override them by declaring in your active theme or child theme functions.php file. In case you are editing some of the functions.

If you are looking to customize all functions then simply copy the content of template-functions.php file in a new file and define that file name in wp-config.php file to tell Fundraiser plugin to load your custom template-functions.php file instead.

These above methods are all just to customize the frontend only. If you want to edit the administration area as well then you have to make changes in the plugin file itself or find relevant actions/filters hooks to make changes.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance

Best Regards,
    Sajid