Custom Google Search active with standard WP search widget

I am using Custom Google Search, which I love! One of the things I noticed is that if you use the standard search widget that comes with WordPress, it still uses the Google Custom Search.
The benefit of it is that the Custom Google Search plugin does not have an option to have a title on top like most widgets do.
However, I would also like a search that just searches the website only.. Anyone aware of any working plugins for wordpress. Note: This particular website is NOT MU and does not use buddypress.

aecnu

Greetings Kilmanagh,

Thank you for the great question but this feature is controlled by Goggle in which on there side you select that it is only to show results from your site and is displayed using the embed code.

However, You had mentioned the title and I am wondering why to use any of this when one could put a title and the Google search embed code (indicating to give results form just your site) in a text widget?

Please advise and I admit that I have not tried it myself but it seems totally logical that it works.

Let me know how it goes in any event.

Cheers, Joe

aecnu

Greetings Kilmanagh,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Kilmanagh

I tried the text widget and it just displayed the text, and didnt execute the script. Im pretty sure I have it turned on to allow html/js to work. I will add a different plugin and try it. The problem I have, like other folks is some plugins are written badly, or their updates suddenly make a plugin go bad. Which tends to mess up other working plugins. So, I am always weary of loading plugins.
    I will try it in a bit, and let you know

On another note, too bad this site does not have a download manager plugin. I a using Wordpress Download Manager which is awesome except his latest update went bad and rollback is impossible because they way he changed the database.
    Wordpress authors seem very offended when you point out massive problems with their updates. I am glad the authors here are not like that.

aecnu

Greetings Kilmanagh,

Thank you for the additional input and indeed if there is an issue with our plugins and themes that is within intended use, there is no offense and we want to get the issue handled asap.

What do you mean by download manager plugin?

I have one in my browser and for updates there is the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin, so I must be missing something that you are trying to indicate.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe