Custom Google Search not working

I had installed the google custom search on my website - http://www.rogersonlaw.com few months back and until recently all was working fine. Just today when i checked back, the search was not working. It keeps saying 'loading...' but nothing turns up really.

i am not sure how an already configured site is not working without any changes done. i have entered the searchID on the site and chosen Display search results as: Search Results, style - minimilist, Theme for popup-flickr. Plz. help me with this issue. Thank you!

  • Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

    Hey @Abhi, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

    There could possibly be a conflict with another plugin, or even the theme you're using here (I noticed that there were a pair of JavaScript errors in the browser console, one of them referring to the WP External Links plugin).

    We’ve got a handy troubleshooting flowchart at the bottom of our Getting Support page, I'd advise having a go at that if you haven't already:

    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

    Could you also enable Support Access to your site, so that we can have a closer look at your settings please?

    Kind Regards,
    Michael

  • Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

    Hey Abhi,

    Hope you're doing well today.

    I have tested the plugin on my side using both the embed code and unique ID and search was working as intended in both cases.

    So I agree with Michael that there is probably some plugin conflict that is causing the issue.

    I can see that you are using the older version of WordPress and there are currently 18 outdated plugins on your installation.

    When I deactivated WP External Links plugin another JavaScript error occurred regarding the admin-bar.js file.

    I strongly suggest that you update both your WordPress installation and your plugins but if you don't want to do this can you deactivate all other plugins to see if search is working after that?

    Best regards,
    Predrag

  • Abhi
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

    Infact there is an error showing up on the custom search plugin i believe -

    jQuery("form.gsc-search-box").on("submit", function() {
    jQuery(this).find(".gsc-search-button").trigger("click");
    return false;

    Please check into this and advise further. The search was working just fine until i think the auto update messed it up.

  • Abhi
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

    The issue has been resolved now. The issue was that the jquery code from martindale (lawyers.com) was messing up the jquery already on the website. That conflict caused the issue. As soon as i removed the code, the Google search worked like a charm.

    Thank you! for your inputs and sorry to bother you friends unnecessarily.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.