Custom Google Search – Sidebar issue

Hi. I’m using Google Search plugin. The actual search is working okay, but it’s placing the sidebar UNDER the search instead of beside it. Any suggestions? http://bakkenshale.spaceestate.net/?s=advertising

Thanks!

• andersonwebsites
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Are you talking about the global site search plugin as that is the plugin listed at the right? The page looks ok to me when I view it. Are you thinking you should still have a sidebar on the page? If so, did you have custom page templates like full width or right sidebar? Did the plugin create the “site-search” page?

If you are talking about the custom google search plugin like you said, do you have the “show sidebar” checked in settings?

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey Chris,

Did you figure it out by yourself? Or did you move it to a full width page? or did you choose not to show sidebar on the search page?

Like @andersonwebsites pointed out, you seem to have placed it in the wrong folder, which I have now moved to “Google Site Search” plugin. And everything seems okay, the site looks really good :slight_smile:

Let me know if things are otherwise. If you want to show sidebar on the search page, make sure it is ticked and then let me know so that I can check it out on firebug and give you a css fix. should be easy.

Cheers!

• andersonwebsites
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

This may sound strange, but do all of your widget have a title? I’ve had this same problem with different theme and plugin but my widgets needed titles, in not, the sidebar dropped below the content. Just throwing it out there!

Edit: Never mind, I forgot your other pages were fine.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi chrismalone617,

To adjust the search results box and get your sidebar on the right where it should be, add the following to your theme’s style.css file:

body.search #content {
    float:left;
    width:72%;
    }

Then, to ensure the border appears around the search form itself, add this:

.cse form.gsc-search-box, form.gsc-search-box {
    width:99.5%;
    }

Hope this helps! :o)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.