Custom in-post ads by specific blog post

Hi,

I like the idea of In-Post Ads but I can't get it working quite the way I want. Here's what I'm after...

I want to create an opt-in box as my ad. This ad will only be displayed on one particular blog post.

I would like to repeat this a number of times...i.e. creating specific opt-ins that directly relate to the content in the blog post where they will be placed.

How can I choose an in-post ad to be shown on only one specific blog post?

Thanks

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi there, Dave!

This should be possible without using In Post Ads at all, since it's so individualized. Here are a couple of options:

1. You could create a custom post type, with the opt-in, so any info can be added right from the post edit screen. There's a great tutorial here: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2012/11/08/complete-guide-custom-post-types/

2. If you're using a shortcodes plugin, many of them come with great display tools, like beautifully styled info boxes, toggles, and accordions. You could build this info into your post with a few clicks and adding the text you want.

Hope this helps!

• Dave
      • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks for the idea @Michelle Shull

The reason I wanted to do it with In-Post Ads is so that all the ads are centrally-managed and could be placed in additional posts in the future (sorry - I should have been more clear).

I manually created ads in the past and found it to be quite a headache to find them all, make changes when needed, and replicate them into other posts when needed.

I was hoping In-Post Ads would handle all of it.

Is there a way to do what I'm looking for?

Thanks again

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

I think I might have an idea. It looks like you can control ads by category, could you create a special category for the posts you wanted this particular ad to run in? Then if you only use that category (posts can have more than one category, so it wouldn't have to disrupt any category hierarchy you already have in place.) for this particular ad, which would make it much simpler to manage from your dash.

Would that work out?

Have a great rest of your Sunday!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.