Custom login and custom field with multiple step in login and redirect

Hi,

I want to have custom login method for my site. Also i want to have some custom field for my user profile. I check in the User setting and i got to know that i can create custom fields over there. But when i do register with after creating custom field it come in different section as “Profile Details”, which i dont want. I want all the field which i want to keep in registration should come in rows with out any difference. Another thing i want to have email as login and registration userid. Can i do this with buddypress or not.

Second it i want three step registration process. Can any one guide me how can i do that. For example i would keep some three four field at home page of site, then after that some two or three field in step 2 and finally would like to keep two field with sending invitation with there email account contact like yahoo gmail etc in final step. And i want to keep mandatory all three steps, yes there would be some exception for some field in each step which that can skip. and all three step would be mandatory and if user logout and login again he should be directed to the step form where he had left and after completing all three step he should be redirected to customized dashboard / home page every login after that.

Also i want to know where i can have profile picture kind of the thing rather then avatars. As what i find is when person changes avatar there previous pictures get deleted. But i want to have one profile picture folder where there all previous profile pictures will get save once user update new profile picture in there account. Another one is how can do checking or matching of two fields in registration form (like how password and confirm password works). As i am not much known to PHP so i am asking what would be the function for matching two fields.

For my site i have look for Buddypress / Elgg and WP symposium. Can any help me out where i can find good comparison between three and which would be the best to go. Yaa as per my look and feel i liked buddypress but i find it more complicated so little bit afraid and want to just do comparison.

Thanks

Bhavin Patel

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @bhavin_patel,

Welcome to the forums!

Wow, that’s a long list of questions. Let’s see if we can get some of them answered shall we?

I want all the field which i want to keep in registration should come in rows with out any difference.

If you want all your BuddyPress extended profile fields to appear on the signup page, simply add them to the “Base” group.

Another thing i want to have email as login and registration userid.

This should help: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/daily-tip-let-users-log-into-wordpress-using-an-email-address-or-username/

Second it i want three step registration process… should be redirected to customized dashboard / home page every login after that

For this requirement, you could set up extended profile fields in additional groups, and redirect users to their profile page when logging in to complete their profile. This should help: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/daily-tip-redirect-buddypress-users-after-login/

finally would like to keep two field with sending invitation with there email account contact

Here you go: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-new-members-on-your-buddypress-site-with-invite-anyone-cloudsponge/

But i want to have one profile picture folder where there all previous profile pictures will get save once user update new profile picture in there account.

This is one of the best options so far for creating albums in BuddyPress: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bp-album/

Another one is how can do checking or matching of two fields in registration form (like how password and confirm password works).

I’ll let someone with more coding knowledge handle that question :slight_smile:

For my site i have look for Buddypress / Elgg and WP symposium. Can any help me out where i can find good comparison between three and which would be the best to go.

That all depends on the type of community you wish to create, and your users needs. It’s impossible to simply say “this is the best”. You would need to study the features and capabilities (and level of difficulty/intuitiveness for your users) of each system and decide which would best fit those needs.

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• bhavin_patel
    • Flash Drive

@patrick

Hi,

I had check regarding registration fields.. all my extended fields are in base group only only.

What i was talking about is when i go to registration page i have two section of field “Account Details” and “Profile Details”. This i dont want. I just want list in one heading may like “Sing Up” or some thing and below that all the fields are there.

Currently i have some thing like this which is given in below link of my site.

http://vmmeeting.com/register/

Which i want to alter in single list. And i want to remove the message coming below all the extended fields like “This field can be seen by : Anyone ” etc.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @bhavin_patel,

Sorry for the delay, been busy…

Your current issue can be easily solved with a bit of CSS. You can get all the profile fields to line up in the same column by adding the following to your theme’s style-sheet:

.standard-form #profile-details-section {
    float:none;
    }
    .standard-form #profile-details-section h4 {
    display:none;
    }

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• bhavin_patel
    • Flash Drive

@patrick

Just a quick update on last note:

I tried to to use code which you gave me. But it had not resolved the issue. I have used it in two themes to check.

1. Social Them of WPMU

2. Buddly press default theme.

In social theme of wpmu i tried this by putting in style.css file in theme folder. also it has some child theme option. I dont know how to do this so i have used this option to check. If you can also help me out on this that would be nice of you for using child theme option.

In default buddypress theme i tried this by putting code which you gave me above in style.css in theme folder bp-default.

in both this cases i have put this code at last of the file after all the data present in file at end.

request you help on to resolve this issue..

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bhavin_patel,

Sorry for the delay here in which I found this ticket in the back of the support system unattached and it has clearly gotten away from @patrick.

Patrick appears to have had a vision for you in this ticket so I will ping him on it to let him know it still exists.

I would try to help some but i am not a coder in any sense of the word and I am not sure what Patrick’s vision is as well.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the delay due to technical ticket system difficulties.

Hopefully Patrick will be able to make his way in here sooner then later.

Sincerely, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bhavin_patel,

Due to the fact that it appears that your site is indeed offline and that we have not heard from you I am marking this ticket as resolved.

If you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.