Custom Plugins Upgrade Suggestions

Hi all,

I'm writing a custom plugin and I wanted to know how can I handle the future releases or upgrades? what is the most recommended procedure? codes, examples, any help welcome.

Thanks

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey again Alejandro,

I'm not much of a developer myself, so don't have much experience in maintaining a plugin; however, we do have a post that might provide some good information for you: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-plugin-development-guide/

As for handling future releases, it depends what sort of plugin it is, in general - we just make the necessary changes to the code whether it's a bug or feature request we're fixing/adding then test it out internally and push it through our WPMU DEV Dashboard. If you aren't adding it to wp.org repository or anything and need users doing manual updates then they would need to just overwrite their folder with your new version.

I'm thinking this is all sort of basic stuff for you, so if you have a more specific question regarding updates/future releases then let me know and I can ask one of our developers for you :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.