Custom post type and Pro Sites not compatible together?

Hi all,

I just got a weird behavior while setting up Pro Sites. One of my item in my menu (back-end) disappear and get replaced by the "+Pro Upgrade" item. This item is a Custom post type and I can't figure out why Pro Sites take its place instead to add a new item. I use Admin Menu Editor Pro to edit my menu but it's not problem because I deactivated it and no change.

Also try to keep it like that and create a custom menu item to "fake" my Attorneys but when I select the target page, "Attorneys" is not there anymore, "Pro Upgrade" took its place (see 2nd screenshot).

1st screenshot: my menu before and after
2nd screenshot: Menu Editor Pro where "Pro Upgrade" replaced "Attorneys" in Target page.

Thanks for your help.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

It seems like the default Menu position of both Pro Sites and your Custom Post Type is the same i.e. 3

Can you kindly allow me to have a closer look ?

Visit WPMU DEV Dashboard >> Support >> Staff Access and allow staff access and let me know.

Then I will login to the site and see what is going on :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Sorry for having missed your last response on this one. I was away for a long time and had somethings to take care of and could not be here any sooner. Sorry if that caused you any issues.

Is the issue still there ? If yes, then kindly provide me the access again and reply to this thread so that I can test that on priority basis !

Looking forward for your response.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there @oliviersp

How are you creating that custom post type ? Is that in your theme ?

I will need to have a closer look at your site with more details so that I can look into the code and see if they both are using the same menu location and that might be the cause of worry here.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers, PC

• oliviersp
    • Flash Drive

Hi PC,

Your last post makes me realize what could be the problem and I just fixed it. It was the position of my custom post type in my function.php

'menu_position' => 1,

It's still a weird behavior because I had to put a menu_position very high for all my custom post to make it work but anyway I use a plugin to reorganize the menu.

Thanks, Oliviersp

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Glad to see that my last post helped you fix things :slight_smile:

It's still a weird behavior because I had to put a menu_position very high for all my custom post to make it work but anyway I use a plugin to reorganize the menu.

Indeed but as long as you are using a menu organizer, that does not matter :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.